new 2012 Dodge diesel - not impressed so far !!!

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it shocked the hell out of me to! I love the cummins and know how strong those 5.9's and there is no other motor that touches that! I have done quite a few delete's on the 6.7 as well and yet to have an issue it was just really something to hear when we all got sat down around the table and a couple drinks loosened everybody up to do some story telling. There's gotta be something else going on that is not being mentioned. I just really got intetrsted in it when the aftermarket manufacturers were sitting there telling us some of this. I just thought i would mention it as with my shop i cover my ass well! i make people sign waivers before any emmissions get taken off so i dont have the customer coming back to me if something goes wrong. I'll ask cam who builds a ton of those trucks and try and find out more about it. Once again this is not a dodge Bash it is just some info from the aftermarket companies that got said when i was at a major event in idaho. There is also an issue with 6.7 ford turbo's, and issues with some popping headgaskets once there egr deletes and tunning were in place.

Thanks for the info I am not offened... i am in the market for a new truck and have always appreciated your posts.. .please keep the info coming!!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know how some of you are getting such bad fuel milage with your 6.7. I'm getting 13l/100k at 125-130k hand calculated to 19mpg. I get 20l/100k towing my travel trailer.
As far as the new HO I would leave the engine stock, or risk blowing a hg. H@S probably had the arp studs installed so tweaking a conrod doesn't surprise me.
My buddy blew the head gasket on his new longhorn after 20000k. He was deleted and a minimax installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talking with the shop foremans at several dealerships i deal with, and they've never had a crank or a connecting rod problem with a 6.7l yet..... I've never heard of a 6.7 lower engine problem yet and we've tuned and deleted many...... Just finished another '11 cummins today

as a shop that does these locally what are you guys running or suggesting to guys who want an engine that gets good fuel economy? I don't get miles to gallons but my old 02 dodge with a 6 speed man tranny gets about 12-13 litres of diesel for every 100 km at about 110kmph with slighty bigger then stock tires

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know how some of you are getting such bad fuel milage with your 6.7. I'm getting 13l/100k at 125-130k hand calculated to 19mpg. I get 20l/100k towing my travel trailer.
As far as the new HO I would leave the engine stock, or risk blowing a hg. H@S probably had the arp studs installed so tweaking a conrod doesn't surprise me.
My buddy blew the head gasket on his new longhorn after 20000k. He was deleted and a minimax installed.

I think you somehow got lucky! No one I know with that truck stock gets close to that... my 02 stock wont do that. If the masses were getting that stock I'd buy one! I hate all the stuff you have to do to get them to run right... and then having to hope you dealer gives you the warrenty!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you somehow got lucky! No one I know with that truck stock gets close to that... my 02 stock wont do that. If the masses were getting that stock I'd buy one! I hate all the stuff you have to do to get them to run right... and then having to hope you dealer gives you the warrenty!

I dunno, my uncle has a 02 with a 6 speed on stock tires, and he hand calculated his truck to 26 mpg. I don't get it does everyone bag/idle their trucks and expect to get decent fuel mileage? I don't idle my truck very much and don't drive like a idiot between stop lights. I do know that the higher the boost, the lower the fuel mileage. A fellow at work has a new HO and is getting over 1000km per tank on a long box truck.

Top Bottom