new 2012 Dodge diesel - not impressed so far !!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it shocked the hell out of me to! I love the cummins and know how strong those 5.9's and there is no other motor that touches that! I have done quite a few delete's on the 6.7 as well and yet to have an issue it was just really something to hear when we all got sat down around the table and a couple drinks loosened everybody up to do some story telling. There's gotta be something else going on that is not being mentioned. I just really got intetrsted in it when the aftermarket manufacturers were sitting there telling us some of this. I just thought i would mention it as with my shop i cover my ass well! i make people sign waivers before any emmissions get taken off so i dont have the customer coming back to me if something goes wrong. I'll ask cam who builds a ton of those trucks and try and find out more about it. Once again this is not a dodge Bash it is just some info from the aftermarket companies that got said when i was at a major event in idaho. There is also an issue with 6.7 ford turbo's, and issues with some popping headgaskets once there egr deletes and tunning were in place.

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these delates is manually taken something off the engine or just something done on a computor...

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both. you manually remove the dpf, muffler (if desired) and other components and put bigger diameter straight pipe in there place. Then use tuners to adjust the programming in your ecm so that the truck runs without all that data/restriction/enviro gobbly gook

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and the warrentry is ?? gone ???
just want some basic things ...
keep power as factory ... maybe something with tranny ....
see some basic guages ....
--- thinking mini max programmer, that way I see
1. turbo boost pressure
2. pryometers
3. what gear it is in ...
4. ???

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depends on your dealer but most likely yes. Try talking to them about it. Some are good about it some are not. Also depends what problems you present as to if they are related to your modifications or not. I installed the h&s mini maxx and did turbo back flo pro exhaust (gmc) , i wanted to run extra power for economy, towing, and for fun so that aspect of the tuner works for me too, but they do have a 'no power' setting. There's multiple gauge display setting options, i wont even try to list them but more knowledgable guys on here may be able to for you. I know it does the first 2 for sure, gear? not sure.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the H&S is a great tuner you can keep the dpf intact and still add power to it but more than likely the truck will go into it's regen mode quite often as your adding more fuel and more soot in the dpf the more she needs to burn it off on the regen mode. I know on the duramaxes they are terrible for regen modes with a tuner and dpf left in place. The dealer has to be able to prove within a reasonable doubt that the aftermarket product caused the problem directly. Most dealers are great about it if they install the products on your truck. Our chev and ford dealers warranty there work if they do the install. yeah Mini maxx has quite a few features to monitor your truck in fact more than 90% need for gauges but it's really nice to have different stuff to watch. With H&S you can delete the dpf and also TURN OFF the EGR so you dont have to do a full egr delete you can just turn it off and disable it. The Dodge also has the trans tunning wich works awesome and they also have the custom programming software so you can really get down to the dirty with these trucks and go buck wild.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'm running the h&s xrt pro, on mid setting with everything stock in the truck and performance and mileage vastly improved(however will get much better when i do all the deletes and install the mini maxx with pillar pod :)), and it has never gone into regen yet...... Jus' sayin'

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that the dodges are being better on there regen status then the dmax and ford! Thanks for clearing that up summitric! I know these fords and dmaxes just keep going into regen mode even on a mild setting it ends up alright for me cause so far the 3 guys I did the mini maxx w/dpf still on truck finally said just take the damn dpf off already hahaha. How does the mileage seem on the dodge w/factory emmissions still in tact?

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is great to here on the dodge 6.7, I will be getting mine nexted week I hope, and will be doing a trip to montreal the week after. So I will get a programmer asap to save on fuel and not go to 35's yet, so what is the difference between the mini max the the H&S xrt or H&S ? I had one for a few days and love it. What are people using for a cold air intake.Thanks

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Never heard the rod issue heard lots of guys running deletes and mini max on wild without running head studs are blowin head gaskets gotta keep the boost down

Mine seems fine no complaints yet only got 400 KM though swapping out the column shift for a consul shifter this weekend

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the guys with the H&S programmer, the transmission software fixes all issues, and makes the truck drive like an entirely new vehicle...Best 200 bucks I ever spent...
Where did you get yours for 200 bucks.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, What level kit are people going with, I heard carli is good one but you pay for it. But it's not just blocks on springs.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Think thats for the transmission software

Correct!

oh, What level kit are people going with, I heard carli is good one but you pay for it. But it's not just blocks on springs.

Yes Carli rocks! Talk to Kevin here HRToffroad. He will hook ya up, not just blocks, new coils, etc...

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is great to here on the dodge 6.7, I will be getting mine nexted week I hope, and will be doing a trip to montreal the week after. So I will get a programmer asap to save on fuel and not go to 35's yet, so what is the difference between the mini max the the H&S xrt or H&S ? I had one for a few days and love it. What are people using for a cold air intake.Thanks

Minimaxx= Gauge cluster, change tunes on the fly, set defueling levels, turn on/off various features. I'm pretty happy with mine.

XRT Pro= programmer only, no gauges or adjustments, just the bare bones ECM programming.

As for intakes, stick to the stock setup, it flows enough for just a tuner/delete package. Just pull the "whale's tongue" out from inside the middle tube between the air filter and turbo. Its designed to quieten down the intake and does nothing more than become a restriction and potential engine hazard since its wrapped in a 6" tall, 3/4" thick chunk of foam.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard the rod issue heard lots of guys running deletes and mini max on wild without running head studs are blowin head gaskets gotta keep the boost down

Mine seems fine no complaints yet only got 400 KM though swapping out the column shift for a consul shifter this weekend
So this means you finally got it then? I never saw you post anything about getting it until now.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H+S makes the minimax, black max and xrt pro. All do the same thing. The pro plugs in, you do your programming and then remove it. The mini and black maxx both get mounted and have a mutiude of guages. The mini is just smaller. Havent put an intake on yet but probably going with s+b.

Top Bottom