Need urgent 2011 rzr help!!

chopkins

Reaction score
I rented a 2011 RZR on the weekend. Drove it for like an hour and put 12 kms of trail riding on it. Never drove it real hard or anything. Was going down a dirt road in high gear and doing about 50 km/h when it just quit. Tried to start it again and it just make a single clunking noise when I tried to start it. Wouldn't turn over tho. There was lots of clean oil in it, lots of coolant, belt looked good, no warning lights. So now the rental shop is saying that the engine damage along with some front end and skid plate damage might be my fault and I am responsible for the damages. It will be looked at tomorrow by a dealer, but it's his local dealer that he gets all of his work done at so we all know how that will probably go. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be and how I would go about fighting the claim that it's my fault. I have been riding quads, sleds, dirt bikes, 4X4's all my life and I ride them ALOT harder than I rode that RZR and I've never done damage like he is claiming I did. The guy I was riding with says also that there is no way I did all that damage. Any help would be appreciated. If I honestly thought I did the damage I would man up and just pay the man. Please help.

Anzac RZR

Reaction score
Not to sound like a S__t Head a lawyer may be cheaper then paying for the damage .

Did he get you to do a walk around of the unit before you rented it, and sign a paper stating it was in good repair . If he did not its your word against his .

chopkins

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It may come down to a lawyer. I will probably get another independent polaris mechanic to have a look at it first before I do anything. But yeah it may come down to a lawyer.

We didn't do a thorough inspection and didn't fill out the checklist on the rental agreement. He just listed it as in very good condition, which I didn't noticed. And, yeah I know I'm an idiot for not doing the complete inspection. But I did sign the rental agreement. But he didn't really seem concerned because he was saying the whole time that normal wear and tear is not a big deal, blah blah blah.

Any ideas on the problem with the engine?

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know how much if any info is stored in the ecm but a simple download may help your case. i deal with large equiptment and everything is stored. hope this helps

09FordFx4

Reaction score
That's a shitty deal dude.

That's one of the reasons I'm sketchy about renting things like that

-Posted with my iPhone.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Here is a word of advice for anyone renting anything when you pick it up EVERYONE has a camera phone walk around it with the video playing with the rental agent with close ups on key areas engine, suspension, any body damage, oil level, can save your azz a ton later and only takes 5 minutes I have done couple times and I know i saved me once on a marred up bumper on a rental van when I dug out the video he asked the manager and he said he was aware of it when went to show him the vid.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be going over the rental agreement you signed with magnifying glass..................including the small print before you do anything. If it states the rider is responsible for any damages you could be hooped.

Top Bottom