Need Tail Cover/fairing for 2007 R6

1Mrider

Reaction score
Need Tail Cover/Cowling for 2007 R6

Hey guys, I'm sure most of you are probably riding your beloved Harley's so my cries for help may be in vain but I just pulled my 07 YZF R6 into the shop to give it the annual maintenance service and saw some damage on the rear/seat cowling. I'm guessing someone knocked my bike over while it was sleeping in storage and didn't tell me. There's a nice crack in the plastic and my integrated taillight is cracked too. Scratches all over it. Luckily the damage is isolated to that piece. If I'm not being clear, it's the piece that sits below the seat and stretches all the way to back and holds the taillight in place. I called yammy to see what a new piece would cost (they just call it a tail "cover") and a painted cover runs about 350 bucks. To save some time I'd prefer it be painted and the color I need is metallic gray or unpainted I don't care. It's the original paint Yamaha put on. I've rambled on enough but was wondering if anybody has some advice or resources they could give me to help save me some headache. Thanks

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Look into a bike wreckers, might find the correct part from a front end accident.
If not there are plastice welders pit there and you may be able to repair it from the backside....maybe.
If you have the part number you could look into ordering it out of the USA, you might save a considerable amount of money.

Harleys, cruises, sport bikes, dualsport and even mopeds are all form of two wheel street riders and I will ride my Harley with all of them.

1Mrider

Reaction score
Do you have link for a Bike Wreckers? A lot of what I'm finding is Aussie crap.

Top Bottom