need spec. for 1994 EXT 580 Crabed

standclear

Reaction score
Im working on a 1994 arctic cat EXT 580 carbed, it wasnt idling good, so i found spec for it and i was turn what i thought was the idle screw, but in fact it was the low mixer screw. after about an hour of pulling and it not starting i pull out one of the carbs and found the real idle screw. so i put it all back together and she idles great now. but now she has no power to start moving and i cant figure out how many turns it was at.

does any one know how mant turn out it is for stock specs?
Thank you for all your help.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im working on a 1994 arctic cat EXT 580 carbed, it wasnt idling good, so i found spec for it and i was turn what i thought was the idle screw, but in fact it was the low mixer screw. after about an hour of pulling and it not starting i pull out one of the carbs and found the real idle screw. so i put it all back together and she idles great now. but now she has no power to start moving and i cant figure out how many turns it was at.

does any one know how mant turn out it is for stock specs?
Thank you for all your help.

I have a standard manual that covers 90-98. it says 1- 1.5 turns but the idle screw shouldn't give you no power. what happens when you give it gas? does it just bog and die?

Top Bottom