need some help

fitterman911

Reaction score
I have a 07 1000 arctic cat sno pro. I was going across the feild doing about 65 and all of a sudden it quit just like i shut it off. When i started looking around found a plug wirer broke looked liked it was arcing out on the head so i fixed that still no firer. So i left the sled there went home to get the truck and some help when i got back to the sled it started so i was just going to drive it home. again going across feild it quit same thing. brought it home took the ecu off treid on brother in laws sled and it worked. I changed out the other silver box beside the ecu and that worked. So is there some one out there can help me out with this problem it would be greatly appericated.:(:confused:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 1000 arctic cat sno pro. I was going across the feild doing about 65 and all of a sudden it quit just like i shut it off. When i started looking around found a plug wirer broke looked liked it was arcing out on the head so i fixed that still no firer. So i left the sled there went home to get the truck and some help when i got back to the sled it started so i was just going to drive it home. again going across feild it quit same thing. brought it home took the ecu off treid on brother in laws sled and it worked. I changed out the other silver box beside the ecu and that worked. So is there some one out there can help me out with this problem it would be greatly appericated.:(:confused:

I'm no sled mechanic but I am a service tech so have some trouble shooting skills. If it is going completely dead, no back fires or sputtering I'd look at the kill switch, key or tether wiring if you have one. Sounds to me with it dieing that sudden this would be the place to start poking around.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If one plug wire was pooched, chances are both may be. I saw one from an M1000 that looked like the wire had shattered. Couldn't tell until the insulation was cut off. Worked intermittently.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a ground wire that cat has a problem with in the m series, look on the can side on the inside of the bulkhead by the motor there will be a bolt that should have a wire attached to it, if it's just a bolt look for the wire then solder a new end and ring on it and re attach

fitterman911

Reaction score
thanks for the info looked and found wire but its attached. checked and its good and clean also.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throttle over ride sensor? Seen it bog sleds but never kill them dead. Try bypassing it. It's in your throttle block. Just unplug it. See what happens.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a long shot, change your coils.

Years back I Arc'd out my 1958 car. Every time she' d get warm it would die. Problem went away after Changing the coil. Maybe your sled is doing the same. Runs okay until it gets warm. Then the coil(s) stop working properly.
Maybe use your multimeter and run some coil checks. Also look into you stator. Maybe you arc'd it out. (stators usually don't work when they fail). But first time for everything.

Top Bottom