Need some advice,....amateur rider

mudmama

Reaction score
Here goes.
I presently own a 2007 570 Panther 2-up (yup gotta little one)
I am unsure of it. Not too reliable. Starts when it wants, stalls once in awhile. ( I am NOT a mechanic! lol)

I am a trail rider who drives too slow most of the time, i always have a passenger and so far no mountain trails. Just lake stuff. I am working on my feaar of hurting myself. So I may increase my throttle speed this season. Less tipping over and tree hugging when in the ditches.

Looking for suggestions on a new machine. (incl. 2-up, reverse, hand warmers,...)

and I repeat,...I am NOT a mechanic. ha ha

Thanks to replies!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here goes.
I presently own a 2007 570 Panther 2-up (yup gotta little one)
I am unsure of it. Not too reliable. Starts when it wants, stalls once in awhile. ( I am NOT a mechanic! lol)

I am a trail rider who drives too slow most of the time, i always have a passenger and so far no mountain trails. Just lake stuff. I am working on my feaar of hurting myself. So I may increase my throttle speed this season. Less tipping over and tree hugging when in the ditches.

Looking for suggestions on a new machine. (incl. 2-up, reverse, hand warmers,...)

and I repeat,...I am NOT a mechanic. ha ha

Thanks to replies!

Hi Mudmama. I have to admit, I don't have a lot of experience with trail sleds, but I'd like you to consider this. There are lots of super cool peeps in your area.. Maybe we could link you up with some people to give you some tips, and grow your skills so you can feel confident on your machine. This will not only help you, but I find when I have my kids with me on my machines, I tend to be even more cautious, as they are my reason for breathing. I love them with all my heart, so I want to make sure I am confident on my machine before I have them with me. It won't be the machine that makes or breaks you, it'll be your level of confidence, which is in direct relationship to skill level. If I lived closer I'd take you out myself, but I think there are many clubs out in your area and people who could help you out. the 570s are a nice size for 2 upping. Not overly heavy for a trail sled. The bearcat 570s with electric start seem to be a popular choice for peeps riding trails, and using their sleds for trap lines and work. Very reliable, electric start, and stable. If you'd like to meet other women who ride go here.
and you'll find all of my shred sisters.
I think it is wonderful that you are active in the winter with your little one. My kids are forever grateful that they grew up enjoying sledding, and wintertime as a family. Mom's with sleds, make the best chair lifts for tobogganing and snow boarding!
Take care

Trish

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the new skidoo touring machines with an etec engine or the 4 stroke. You can get an electric start on them too.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Terry, is the O/O of T&T PowerSports, he is a good friend. That will not steer you wrong, as well as a Supporting Vendor here on the site. He's located in Bonnyville, give him a shout when your ready. I'm sure he can help you out :D

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of the new sport utility SkiDoo's have electric start.
My suggestion would be to check out a Tundra LT with a 550F engine. No cooling system to maintain, the lightest of the sport/utility machines and has 2up seatings.
If you don't mind a little heavier machine the Skandic's are nice too and the one model has a 20" wide track which would help stability a little.
Or Yamaha has some good fourstroke trail machines which are very reliable and good trail machines. All comes down to how much you want to spend though as they can be pricey in the fourstroke market.

Top Bottom