Need parts for the King Cat

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would really suck, I felt bad enough that is broke on just a local ride, and messed up everyone elses day I was with.

I got it all apart today and yes the chain is done, snapped in one spot, and pretty close to in another. The only thing that gets me is there is maybe 250 miles since I had all this apart, though i'm not to sure to check if the chain is weak it might of been the original still. Question when you were breaking chains did you hear a grinding noise right before it happened? The last 20 mins before it happened or so when I was climbing there was a pretty decent grinding noise, I figured it wasn't a big deal and guessed very wrong :nono:

I think everything is back in right, I am sure the inverse gear is the right way. I checked it with a straight edge best as possible. Do you happen to rememeber which way the gear goes just in case?

Also am I just better off to get another chain from Arctic Cat or is there another good place? Hopefully i'm not in for a shock on the price....

The recess ( on the top gear ) should be facing you when you intall on the cross shaft. The recess accepts the large washer holding in the top gear. The grinding noise you heard was probally the broken links hitting the case and chain tensioner. Catmando advice is spot on - adjust the chain manually. Don't over tighten ( finger tight on the adjustment bolt plus 1/8 turn). Alignment is critical on the gears - use a straight edge and make sure there is no gap. I would change the chain every 750-1000 miles ( espicially if you pin it alot ).

Cheers

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow old thread, I didn't even have that sled to ride this year. Went back to Doo, no more breakdowns! :p

Top Bottom