Need mechanic that knows old straight 4's

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for someone that knows old yami bikes like the back of there hand i just cant seem to get mine running right and all the new shops are telling me they dont work on these old bikes any more and that i need to find someone who specializes in them ??!!!???

Its a 1980 XS11

any numbers/names would help thanks

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call E&S Motorcycles. I've seen many come in and go, just make sure it's road legal .780-997-3818. If it just runs bad, it may be as simple as a carb clean and balance/service/valve adjust, but if thats not the issue, some parts are discontinued from yamaha.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for someone that knows old yami bikes like the back of there hand i just cant seem to get mine running right and all the new shops are telling me they dont work on these old bikes any more and that i need to find someone who specializes in them ??!!!???

Its a 1980 XS11

any numbers/names would help thanks

Had an '82 XS1100 back in the day.....great bike. The biggest thing with them is sincing the carbs....and keeping the that way

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Zoli at Sherwood Motorcycle and Power Products a try, I'm pretty sure he invented the motorcycle and has worked on everything. Cant remember the number off hand though.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHAI LONGHAIRFREAK.

SO I CAN JUST BUY A MANUAL TO A CUMMINS ENGINE AND KNOW HOW TO FIX IT BY MY SELF!??!!??!!? COOL.

That's what mechanics are paid for. Stop being stoooopid.

(kbai.)

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Public notice-----dont let freak work on your stuff

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHAI LONGHAIRFREAK.

SO I CAN JUST BUY A MANUAL TO A CUMMINS ENGINE AND KNOW HOW TO FIX IT BY MY SELF!??!!??!!? COOL.

That's what mechanics are paid for. Stop being stoooopid.

(kbai.)

Im sorry I forgot to say that you need half a brain as well. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

zrtdarryl

Reaction score
nordegg summers lake havasu winters <retirement p
buying a manual is actually a pretty good idea. asking for help is also a good idea. is there not a web forum < or 2 > dedicated to the xs/maxim series of yamahas ? possibly checking into this would give you a really good source of information as to common things to check and usually there is a how to tech section with pictures . these types of forums also have a vendor list and these guys have the NOS and unobtainium parts.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry I forgot to say that you need half a brain as well. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Know what freak? you really pmo ....Not are you a complete waste of everyones time on here your a smart ... to boot and you some how think that your antics are funny.... come on over to my place and fix my bike i will pay you shop rate and throw my manual at you oh thats right you just hide behind your computer all day and think you know it all. You better hope that you dont slip up oneday and let some members on here know who you really are. Takes a big man to hide behind a comp with a fake name. You better hope i dont pass a skittle coloured POS sled thats broke on the trail this year or im guna turn around and and boot the freak thats riding it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! That must suck gettin up on the wrong side of the bed.

Last edited by a moderator:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he has short hair and huge ears so dont look for a long haired freak! look for a big ear geek LMFAO!

you have to join the "ban the freak" club lol!

Last edited:

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
just take ure bunters with him into the tail gate chat so u dont infect the entire site

all im saying

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haynes is a valuable source of info, including troubleshooting and step by step disassembly/reassembly procedures. Its $50 well spent to sort the small issues so a mechanics time is better spent ($$$) on the big issues. Try the dealers now as the season is getting very slow and offer to put down a deposit. Dealers don't want to start a thousand dollars worth of work on a five hundred dollar bike, only to have it sit in their shop for 5 years before they can get rid of it and get their money back after the owner walks out. It happens enough they now usually turn away most of that kind of work, unless you pester them a lot!
If you still need help after all that, I do know a yammie mech that does take on some projects.

Top Bottom