need info on cutler turbo's please

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at an 09 M8 with a stage ll cutler and pure logic controller. Who's running these, and how do they compare to the other turbos around?

Last edited:

twostrokesrule

Reaction score
I'm no sledding guru, but I think the cutler turbo is a great system. They use a tried and true turbo and simple controller. I especially like the design where they pull cold air from the top of the hood instead of sucking hot air from right beside the exhaust with the other brands. I'd say that with the colder denser intake charge, there would be no need for an intercooler, so less lag and no loss of boost.

Did you get the 09?

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 2011 M8 with a stage 2 cutler and have nothing but fun with that thing. It works flawless right from new.I dont think you can go wrong with that setup. I will never run a N A sled again.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either tomorrow or wednesday going to take a look.
I'm no sledding guru, but I think the cutler turbo is a great system. They use a tried and true turbo and simple controller. I especially like the design where they pull cold air from the top of the hood instead of sucking hot air from right beside the exhaust with the other brands. I'd say that with the colder denser intake charge, there would be no need for an intercooler, so less lag and no loss of boost.

Did you get the 09?

killerrf

Reaction score
so did you buy it? i seen it on the site there. with 3300 miles it might need some TLC... like clutches.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went down and picked it up yesterday. New secondary and DD. top end rebuilt about 400 miles ago. Not mint by any means but in good shape, just hoping it works well.

schwindt

Reaction score
I have about 700 miles on my CPC stage 2, the kit is decent watch the hose inbetween the oil tank and turbo, its the return line. I went through 1 last year and its wearing again, keep a spare one on hand. I had to be towed out because of it. Change the oil filter yearly on the feed line. I am converting to extra injector boost it box setup as tuning was a pita with the other box and I was running out of fuel at 8 PSI at 8000 ft something to take into consideration as well. Look at changing reeds out as well with this kit every 400 miles or so.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll check those things out. Every 400 mile for reeds? that seems quite often. Is there a better reed to be purchasing out there?

schwindt

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll check those things out. Every 400 mile for reeds? that seems quite often. Is there a better reed to be purchasing out there?

Those are with the TRD reeds, they are supposed to be the best ones. You can stretch them a bit longer than that but not to much longer, if they blow apart when on the mountain its a struggle to get them out on their own accord. I have about 500 on the current ones and the corners are once again pooched. On a good note you get real good at changing them out after a few times like a hour job

Top Bottom