Need help finding CR 250 parts

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am having a tough time finding motor parts for a 1992 honda cr 250 I know the bike is old but it has some sentimental value to me and the motor let go at wide open throttle and destroyed the crank and crank cases and cylinder and piston all in one boom! so if anyone knows a local place to find parts any cr 250 parts from 1992-1996 will work someone has to have a stash of parts somewhere you would think with the popularity of these bikes but maybe i am wrong? I called the sled parlour and he has some parts for this bike and now im just waiting on what the status is of them and more importantly the price. any help would be appreciated I love fixing wrecks for some reason.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't work out you could always look at swapping in a newer motor or maybe even a cr500 :D

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gone to trackside and talked to joe dirt yet? That guy has a stash and a half around that place. Sled parlour in carstairs has some older dirt bike stuff too.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gone to trackside and talked to joe dirt yet? That guy has a stash and a half around that place. Sled parlour in carstairs has some older dirt bike stuff too.
Haha I talked to him but he said he didn't have anything for me then he asked if he could buy the bike off me... I am still having no luck so looks like I will be piecing an engine together from eBay which could get costly

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have a hard time at all to find parts for that bike! I'm just about done putting my '81 kdx 250 together and was still able to look for oem parts (which was a little difficult) and used parts in amazing condition. You just have to know how and where! Ebay is an amazing site, and post ads on kijiji and your local trading posts. May be people near you with parts and you don't even know it!

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am having a tough time finding motor parts for a 1992 honda cr 250 I know the bike is old but it has some sentimental value to me and the motor let go at wide open throttle and destroyed the crank and crank cases and cylinder and piston all in one boom! so if anyone knows a local place to find parts any cr 250 parts from 1992-1996 will work someone has to have a stash of parts somewhere you would think with the popularity of these bikes but maybe i am wrong? I called the sled parlour and he has some parts for this bike and now im just waiting on what the status is of them and more importantly the price. any help would be appreciated I love fixing wrecks for some reason.
No sure if 90-91 motor parts will work but you could check with this guy in Mirror.
1990-1991 Cr250 Parts!!! (LOTS OF GOOD PARTS)!!! - Red Deer Dirt Bikes, Motocross For Sale - Kijiji Red Deer Canada.

Top Bottom