Need better headlights

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Digging up an old thread.... I just completed my projector retrofit in my '11 ram 1500. Projectors with 35watt 5000k bulbs. This is the correct way to do Hid's. Now just to bake them and put them back together.

Projector on the left, factory bulb on the right.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418521927.485762.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418521696.370834.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418521712.608748.jpg

Both projectors
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418521746.713019.jpg

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What brand are those? Looks good! Plan on doing any accent lighting while the lens Is off?

Sent from my iPhone

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anzo makes a projector housing for your truck that, when combined with the standard bulbs, are a considerable improvement over stock. The biggest issue on that era of dodge is the light pattern, which can be improved upon simply by adding a rivet backer washer between the housing and fender mount on both lower mount points (unless your truck is lifted).

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my two bits I live on a small ranch in deer country. My wife and I have a 2015 2500 GMC with factory projector headlights there pretty good We also have a 2011 2500 GMC that I just installed high end Sylvania lights I bought at NAPA they are considerably better then the factory lights in the 2015. In particular they have better peripheral lighting in both high and low beam.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What brand are those? Looks good! Plan on doing any accent lighting while the lens Is off?

Sent from my iPhone

i bought the kit from these guys, after doing a lot of research the quality of all the components seemed to be the best.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up putting some D2's in to supplement the crappy halogens. Would like to retrofit some HID projectors in there but these will do for now. Landon, what site did you order from?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418928758.500535.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418929353.488872.jpg

Last edited:

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up putting some D2's in to supplement the crappy halogens. Would like to retrofit some HID projectors in there but these will do for now. Landon, what site did you order from?

View attachment 180967View attachment 180968

I bought the kit from The Retrofit Source. Here is a link to the complete Retrofit kits. I bought the Morimoto Mini H1 stage 3 kit. I am not sure what projector would fit in the Ford lights, but this is the only one that will fit in the Dodge headlight with out major surgery.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone

No accident lighting, but I am paining the housing and doing some color match trim. So I won't have any progress updates or pictures for a few days. Nothing like waiting for paint to dry.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the kit from The Retrofit Source. Here is a link to the complete Retrofit kits. I bought the Morimoto Mini H1 stage 3 kit. I am not sure what projector would fit in the Ford lights, but this is the only one that will fit in the Dodge headlight with out major surgery.

Right o thanks. Your link didn't show up before in Tapatalk. Raptor retrofit looks snazzy and I think are plug and play, but I think would rather hang on to $1000 bucks.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't beat rigid light bar. Installed HID in my cummins and they still aren't any much difference from stock. If I were to do it again, i'd run stock lighting with a LED bar.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't beat rigid light bar. Installed HID in my cummins and they still aren't any much difference from stock. If I were to do it again, i'd run stock lighting with a LED bar.

But you can't drive around the city with a light bar on all the time. Well you could but....

The projector retrofit give more light output in a safe and effective manner with out blinding out other drivers

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But you can't drive around the city with a light bar on all the time. Well you could but....

The projector retrofit give more light output in a safe and effective manner with out blinding out other drivers

Why would you need aftermarket lighting in the city? You're surrounded by light standards?

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok rural roads, hi ways, ect.

But with all the light standards might as well not even buy a truck with headlights. Could save a couple hundred buck if you take off that option.

Top Bottom