Need better headlights

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Ram 3500 and the headlights suck. I tried some research on headlights but it is Chinese to me. I don't know if I should put a light bar on bumper or ??
I have bad night vision so I want some good lighting. I don't know if I should get HID's, LED's, Projectors or what. Any advise is appreciated.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you could get a set of dual light projector housings and an HID kit. it's about the best and brightest you can get for low beams, stick with 5000-6000K for a color temperature. run halogen bulbs for hi beam and add auxiliary lights as you see fit to run with your hi beams. do not put an HID kit into your stock halogen headlight housings. only inconsiderate fawking retards do that

css

Reaction score
I just left the stock lights alone and added some rigids and a set of piaa for fog lights. The rigids are awsome. The piaas were a waste of money.
y6y6y5ez.jpg

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have HID's in my truck, i absolutely hate the warm up time, but you can't beat the light output.

There's some new LED systems coming out that are nice, they use less power, and turn on instantly.

Another option are the sylvania silverstar ultra's they are fairly bright, but they are a pretty penny.

Getting the LED bars is turning into the most popular option around, but please don't be an idiot like i've seen some guys driving around with those bastards on in the day time. Especially the ones above the cab.

Here's those new LED conversion kits i was talking about, i was thinking about trying them out because they turn on instantly and give off a very white light to make it like daylight.
plasmaglow_igniters_led_headlight_bulb_conversion_kit_hero.jpg

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Add auxiliary lights, it doesn't make it any safer to blind an oncoming driver with bright HID's. LED light bars are probably the best option, and Speed Demon makes a good product at a fraction of the rigid price.
properly done and set up, HID's won't blind anyone but will provide superior lighting. there's a reason why more and more manufacturers are putting them in their vehicles.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Add auxiliary lights, it doesn't make it any safer to blind an oncoming driver with bright HID's. LED light bars are probably the best option, and Speed Demon makes a good product at a fraction of the rigid price.

You guys with Speed Demon bars, how do you like the output? Looking at their site, a 30" double stack bar is about 450. Rigid E Series 30" - $1100!

I doubt I would know the difference, but my wallet sure would.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock headlights with a pair of the dually spot series lights and you wont have a problem. there bright enough to make a world of difference and small enough you can literally mount them anywhere. and the prices are well under $200

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can get a set of new Rigid Dually D2 spot lights 50231 for just under $300 from a friend. Are these a good option?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
properly done and set up, HID's won't blind anyone but will provide superior lighting. there's a reason why more and more manufacturers are putting them in their vehicles.
Sorry but idiots that put hids in their stock headlight and foglight housings are different than the stock hids, the halogen housing weren't designed to prevent glare from these bulbs, but regardless the blue light from hids is far harder on the eyes than the halogen light IMO.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys with Speed Demon bars, how do you like the output? Looking at their site, a 30" double stack bar is about 450. Rigid E Series 30" - $1100!

I doubt I would know the difference, but my wallet sure would.

Do it, they are awesome for the price, I have a 40" double row and I can't even see where the light falls from my 4 130watt halogen offroads with it on, they are incredibly bright, it just overpowers every other light I have on my truck.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$300 thats spendy there $199 new for the pair.
on Rigids webite they list them at $380 US for the pair. These are the D2 not the Dually, I don't know enough about lights to know difference .What model is $199? Are they the same as the 50231?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 4-10" light force hid 55 watt lights. Light bars are awesome in the summer. They fill with snow and slush and there is t any heat from them. If your on hwy 1 going to Revy the brown dirty road spray mixed with slush will leave you blind. The light force were close to $700 per light but they shine for miles. I'm sure they are cheaper now too as mine are a couple years old. I wish they made heated light bars to melt the snow off them.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have multiple 20" double row bars with the highest IP rating in the industry (IP69k), i also have 2 30" double row bars i'm willing to let go at almost cost. I'm trying to reduce inventory for another incoming shipment. I can send it out today if need be!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I have a 2003 Ram 3500 and the headlights suck. I tried some research on headlights but it is Chinese to me. I don't know if I should put a light bar on bumper or ??
I have bad night vision so I want some good lighting. I don't know if I should get HID's, LED's, Projectors or what. Any advise is appreciated.

I have HID in headlites and foglites... works for my 2011 3500 and good lite..... you might start with vision x or ultra nighthawks for your headlitebulbs, and put HID's in the foglites... huge lite from the HID foglites :)

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have HID in headlites and foglites... works for my 2011 3500 and good lite..... you might start with vision x or ultra nighthawks for your headlitebulbs, and put HID's in the foglites... huge lite from the HID foglites :)
If you buy the vision x buy lots of spares, only last a month or so.

Top Bottom