Need advise 08 xp

saskboy

Reaction score
I am new to ski-doo and just recently picked up a 08 summit XP with very low miles. noticed it was oily under the motor and it had a few drips of oil on the garage floor after a ride the other day so I thought must be a worn or loose oil line under there somewhere, so i start pulling this thing apart and wow you got to take alot off to see the oil lines. I got it wiped off and inspected the lines and couldnt find any loose/cracked so I keep looking and discovered the line to the oil pump was hung up and held wide open. I have 2 questions to make sense of this:

1- if the oil pump is wide open for a couple hunderd kms is it possible to think the the mess was made by the crank vent or something similar???????

2- What is the proper setting for the tensioner that is half way up the line???

any help would be good wanna ride this weekend but dont want to put it together before I am convinced about the vent theory< also is there anything i should or could be doing performance wise while I got it this far apart?

thanks in advance

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oil cable is probably frayed and almost broke...or is broke already. with oil on full-rich...the pipe will be drippy sloppy with goop....probably dripping from the donut between the y-pipe and the pipe.

saskboy

Reaction score
thanks. ya the Y pipe is slobering a bit but the oil in the bottom of the belly pan seems to clean to be exhaust oil wich is why i was wondering about the vent thing

Top Bottom