need advice on what sled to get

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
i want to get a sled for up north to go ice fishing, it needs to be reliable and be able to pull a small ice shack with a couple guys in it. speed is not important, well it would be nice to have some speed when its not pulling anything.

so what should i be looking for? i have to buy used, and looking for something in the $8000 range. any ideas would be good.

thanks,
shane

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that your bst bet would be a skidoo skandic series sled or a artic cat bearcat series. These are both work horse type sleds some have gear boxes so that you can put them in low range when needed or high range. And they usually come anywhere from a 340cc motor and up to like a 600cc, depending on what a guy wants to spend and/or needs.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ATTACH]72909[/ATTACH]
i want to get a sled for up north to go ice fishing, it needs to be reliable and be able to pull a small ice shack with a couple guys in it. speed is not important, well it would be nice to have some speed when its not pulling anything.

so what should i be looking for? i have to buy used, and looking for something in the $8000 range. any ideas would be goodthanks,
shane

you can get a yamaha vk 540 hi-lo range. two seater, electric start reverse,
20 wide x 156 track rear rack hitch, storage under seat..... wide floatation skis/ adjustable width... for 8600 plus tax vk540 white.jpg

or i have a 2010 t570 144 x 14 two seater not quite as heavy duty but its got 749 miles and is on sale for 7899 tax included...the rear seat is detachable and you are able to put a hitch on it . hitch is about 40 bucks...
t570-1.jpg
Terry

Last edited:

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 2010 Ski Doo skandic wide track 550 fan cooled's for $ 9026.85 all in.

just what your looking for...

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a photo if the link does not work.

Attachments

• skandic 550.jpg
    skandic 550.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 117

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a Polaris Longtrak for 15yrs...they are now called Widetraks....hi/lo/reverse.....the toughest machine I've ever heard of. Decent trail manners too. My 2 pennies.

Top Bottom