Need a bit of info building leases

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine said he could get me a job building leases. Never done it before he said its hard work I'm not scared of hard work but what's involved he said it would be 28 and 7. Should I give it ago thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking from the drilling side. Make sure when your done construction the rig will actually fit on the lease and that its level.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its only hard work with a pick and shovel. If properly laid out and surveyed dont touch grade stakes basically cut and fill in most cases and keep soils seperated in farm lands is crutal.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL @ hard work. He must have done it back in the twenty's with oxen and work horses. Pretty easy to sit in a new machine and listen to sat radio all day. Hardest part would be cleaning the mud from the tracks.

01Sharp

Reaction score
Its pretty easy if you can run a dozer, not rocket science by any means. Agricultural lands do require some extra attention, but all in all its pretty easy. Who are you going to work for?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm even going to do it yet. The guy I know who said he could get me a job. Seems a bit vague about it I'm out of work and asked if he could get me work as he said he is a motor man and could get me work. I told him I don't have experience and don't have tickets he said that's ok which I'm not sure about I thought you needed to be tickets to work up there. So that's why I asked what's involved on here.

01Sharp

Reaction score
Thats seems super weird as motor hands don't hire cat operators...maybe he knows someone. Where abouts are you going to build leases? Have you ever run equipment before? If thats the case you will probably start out as a labourer, maybe get in a bobcat in a few weeks, but don't expect them to turn over the keys to a D8 any time soon.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Building leases I think you usually start by running trucks or packers, not positive as I have never done it but do have friends in the business. Job is a job man.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm even going to do it yet. The guy I know who said he could get me a job. Seems a bit vague about it I'm out of work and asked if he could get me work as he said he is a motor man and could get me work. I told him I don't have experience and don't have tickets he said that's ok which I'm not sure about I thought you needed to be tickets to work up there. So that's why I asked what's involved on here.

Kind of sounds as if he's offering you a job as a leasehand - a bit tougher then actually building a lease... but if it is building a lease, ensure the lease is larger then the drilling rig's footprint, as you need room to spot rig with trucks...

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He has contacts so he says so I'm not worried about that part just that he said he could get me a job. But does not know anything about it lol yes I can run machines hoes and skid steers packers.

Top Bottom