Nascar

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$100,000.00 fine......on probation till May 9th......Points reinstated.......​48

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I guess that makes Nascar officially 1 step above professional wrestling. Lets reset this......A Nascar inspector sees something on JJ's car that doesn't look right at pre race inspection. He calls over another inspector who concurs there is an issue. John Darby and Pemberton are called in an they agree the C posts are way out of spec. They order Knaus to cut them out and confiscate them. Penalties are announced the Tuesday after Daytona. Hendrick cries foul and calls for an appeal. Nascar does due diligence and calls in 3 board members to sit in on the appeal. Nascar and the 3 board members listen to Knaus's case, look at the parts and in a round about way yell......CHEAT!!!!! Penalties upheld. Hendrick says I want to go to the last appeal option who get this...................is a close personal friend of his and former CEO of General Motors. This azzhat says Nascar, the 3 storied board members don't know what they are talking about and recindes the part of the penalty that hurts the most.........the point reduction. Case closed. No recourse for Nascar. Who the fawk is running Nascar? Rick Hendrick or Mike Helton?? Rick Hendrick or Brian France??? Whats next? Bob Osborne cheats on Cousin Carls car and Roush asks Edsel Ford to sit in on the final appeal process and make the decision? Yamahaki Taganaki for a Toyota appeal? Lee Iaccocca for Dodge? Geezuz cripes, I feel like someone kicked me and every other Nascar fan in the gut today. Even the so called insiders of the sport, the columnists, the TV personalities, the radio personalities are calling foul. Heaven help Nascar. Rant over!:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somebody's bitter.......go ford?

If I was a GM guy I'd be bitter if it went down that way for a Ford. Lol. I mean, if he didn't do anything wrong why did they still fine him and put him on probation? Straaaaaaange...........

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Bow Ti people know that #16 is coming for the cup this year , and they need all the point they can steal

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was a GM guy I'd be bitter if it went down that way for a Ford. Lol. I mean, if he didn't do anything wrong why did they still fine him and put him on probation? Straaaaaaange...........
Sort of like the tripping/diving rule in the NHL both guys get a penalty...Stupid, if one guy is guilty then the other isn't...But they both go to the box. Hey if the Brothers Douche aren't going to stir the pot this year and Vickers is going to drive clean, they need some controversy to keep the masses interested.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off the Nascar website:
Hendrick said his company produced "about 20 photos" and 10-15 pages of detailed documentation proving that they had attempted to comply with NASCAR regulations regarding the C-posts at every turn. Knaus earlier contended that the same C-post configuration had been run on the No. 48 car on all four restrictor-plate races last season, and that each time the car had passed multiple inspections both at the track and at NASCAR's R&D Center.Hendrick said his team also argued there were other cars at Daytona whose C-posts were called into question during visual inspections and that NASCAR allowed those teams to then work on their cars before presenting them for inspection again. He said the No. 48 car was not given that same opportunity -- and insisted that the car had not been altered in any way after passing a detailed inspection at the R&D Center itself in January, prior to taking the car to Daytona in February.

han solo

Reaction score
Back in spring of 08, Carl blew away the field @ the Altanta race. Post race, the find the oil resiovr lid to be loose. Its lives right behind the driver. Nascar claims, it gives the car more down force. WTF? How much wind is behind the drivers seat? Anyways they took 100 points from him. Guess what, he lost the championship to the cheaters by 8 points that season.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off the Nascar website:
Hendrick said his company produced "about 20 photos" and 10-15 pages of detailed documentation proving that they had attempted to comply with NASCAR regulations regarding the C-posts at every turn. Knaus earlier contended that the same C-post configuration had been run on the No. 48 car on all four restrictor-plate races last season, and that each time the car had passed multiple inspections both at the track and at NASCAR's R&D Center.Hendrick said his team also argued there were other cars at Daytona whose C-posts were called into question during visual inspections and that NASCAR allowed those teams to then work on their cars before presenting them for inspection again. He said the No. 48 car was not given that same opportunity -- and insisted that the car had not been altered in any way after passing a detailed inspection at the R&D Center itself in January, prior to taking the car to Daytona in February.

The problem with that statement by Hendrick is what Chocolate Meyers said on Sirrius Nascar in the morning. That is the 48's word that they ran those c posts at the 4 previous plate races. There is no proof that they did. Apparently it was quite obvious to see at pre tech in Daytona so Hendricks story is flawed. Secondly after it leaves Nascars R and D center in January guess where it goes? Back to the 48 shop! Not directly to the race track. I call CHEATER.........

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still no comment from Zeebers............................lol. Head in the sand my little GM buddy? Lmao!!:sadbanana:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, and in today's views, i don't think it's right...... Wonder how many people "drive home" drunk after the race???

I can guarantee you that no driver is leaving the track behind the wheel of a car. However.......................the fans? Now thats a different story. I have been to alot of Nascar events since 1996 and I can tell you honestly that I have seen more drunks at a CFL game or a NHL game than a race. Thats amazing in that there is anywhere from, 4-10 times the fans at a racing event than the other two I mentioned. :shots:

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didnt one of the Busch brothers have trouble after a race a couple years ago with booze?

Top Bottom