Nascar

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a cold hearted ba$tard but when I heard ward was under the influence of pot the accident suddenly turned from tragic to just another idiot strung out on dope doing something stupid. Too bad the ward family itself can't be charged for their boy using drugs. It just pisses me off that they are bound and determined to get Tony charged with something. Especially after everyone now knows Kevin Ward Jr was at fault. After all, you can't fix stupidity. How low is it to keep trying to get him charged after he has been so cooperative and is willing to meet with the family about the situation. Does the Ward family truly believe it's okay to race while under the influence of pot?!?!?! DROP IT, you know you're family is in the wrong!

Put the shoe on another foot. What if Kevin Ward spun out Tony and when Kevin came back around accidently hit a safety worker? Would that be ok? Would the pot not have an effect on it? Trouble is if the safety workers family went after the Ward family, there probably isn't much money there to take anyways.

Another thing I hated to see is the sport of NASCAR has changed forever despite such a foolish act by Kevin Ward Jr. Now NASCAR drivers can't even get out of their cars unless safety workers are there. Also, no more helmet throws or fist shaking at other drivers.......or fights. I hate to see the raw emotion leave the sport. All because an impaired racer outside of the sanctioning body of NASCAR decided to walk down into the racing lane under caution and got clipped by a NASCAR driver. It's kind of similar to drunk driving, you can post speed limits, paint lines on the road, and hang stop signs but if he is impaired those are mostly meaningless.

Rant over :mad:

Now go finish harvest there Tiger! HahA

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a cold hearted ba$tard but when I heard ward was under the influence of pot the accident suddenly turned from tragic to just another idiot strung out on dope doing something stupid. Too bad the ward family itself can't be charged for their boy using drugs. It just pisses me off that they are bound and determined to get Tony charged with something. Especially after everyone now knows Kevin Ward Jr was at fault. After all, you can't fix stupidity. How low is it to keep trying to get him charged after he has been so cooperative and is willing to meet with the family about the situation. Does the Ward family truly believe it's okay to race while under the influence of pot?!?!?! DROP IT, you know you're family is in the wrong!

Put the shoe on another foot. What if Kevin Ward spun out Tony and when Kevin came back around accidently hit a safety worker? Would that be ok? Would the pot not have an effect on it? Trouble is if the safety workers family went after the Ward family, there probably isn't much money there to take anyways.

Another thing I hated to see is the sport of NASCAR has changed forever despite such a foolish act by Kevin Ward Jr. Now NASCAR drivers can't even get out of their cars unless safety workers are there. Also, no more helmet throws or fist shaking at other drivers.......or fights. I hate to see the raw emotion leave the sport. All because an impaired racer outside of the sanctioning body of NASCAR decided to walk down into the racing lane under caution and got clipped by a NASCAR driver. It's kind of similar to drunk driving, you can post speed limits, paint lines on the road, and hang stop signs but if he is impaired those are mostly meaningless.

Rant over :mad:
"under the influence of pot" You've got to be kidding me. It's not like alcohol where it only stays in your system while you are under the influence. He could have smoked marijuana at any time within 30 days of the race and he would test positive. I don't touch the stuff but am at least aware of how it works, you should be too before you spout off like that.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
District Attorney Michael Tantillo said the victim, Kevin Ward Jr., was under the influence of marijuana the night of the accident "enough to impair judgment."

Quote unquote
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"under the influence of pot" You've got to be kidding me. It's not like alcohol where it only stays in your system while you are under the influence. He could have smoked marijuana at any time within 30 days of the race and he would test positive. I don't touch the stuff but am at least aware of how it works, you should be too before you spout off like that.

District Attorney Michael Tantillo said the victim, Kevin Ward Jr., was under the influence of marijuana the night of the accident "enough to impair judgment."

Quote unquote
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you were a pretty decent guy Bnorth, but my opinion is changing. Guess I'm kind of old school where it doesn't matter how long ago it took place. Fact is he has used it and in my book, I don't have time for that kind of person. I refuse to stick my head up my a$$ like the majority of society now days.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friday practice completed at the Monster Mile. Here were the fast five: 4-2-24-9-48

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you were a pretty decent guy Bnorth, but my opinion is changing. Guess I'm kind of old school where it doesn't matter how long ago it took place. Fact is he has used it and in my book, I don't have time for that kind of person. I refuse to stick my head up my a$$ like the majority of society now days.
I have had this debate with a few people, I prefer to think for myself and not just go "it's illegal to smoke pot so that means that it is also morally wrong." IMO it is no different than consuming alcohol and done responsibly, in the correct setting I don't consider it an issue. That said we are all entitled to our own opinions and something in your life may have been different than in mine and led you to a different belief.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody happier after Happy Hour than Happy Harvick. Say that 10 times really fast. Here were the fast 5 after final practice: 4-2-24-11-43. Where did Almirola get all the speed for the Chase?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody happier after Happy Hour than Happy Harvick. Say that 10 times really fast. Here were the fast 5 after final practice: 4-2-24-11-43. Where did Almirola get all the speed for the Chase?
Every year they have had the chase I wonder what happens. Its almost like NASCAR gives the chase drivers an extra 10 horsepower. As you watch the leaderboard on top of the screen the front of the field is solid with chasers. maybe I dont realize their consistency until they are highlighted in yellow

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there is definately an elite and non elite group of cars in the sport. There is the same cars in the top 10 practices and races every week with the exception of Almirola and the 2 Ganassi cars as of late.

Top Bottom