Nascar

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kere's how the Chase looks: 2-22-4-48-88-18-24-99-20-47-5-31///11-16-41-43. Hamlin and Biffle have to make up 6 points on Newman at Dover or they are out with Kurt and Almirola.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I will watch the race today....

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the race yet because of combining but here was the top 10 finishers at Louden: 22-42-4-1-48-43-2-18-88-55. Was it a good race? Logano is the second car to qualify for the next round. Penske looks strong right now.
This race was allot better, more actions, lots of bumping and grinding, fun watching the chase guys get desperate this early in the chase.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kere's how the Chase looks: 2-22-4-48-88-18-24-99-20-47-5-31///11-16-41-43. Hamlin and Biffle have to make up 6 points on Newman at Dover or they are out with Kurt and Almirola.
Oh yeah, the blue douche just toyed with the field today, he was by far the best car, they are on to something.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New Nascar rule package out today. Here are 3 of the 50 changes I found interesting. No preseason testing at Daytona for the 500. The first time the cars hit the track will be for Speedweeks. Engine hp reduction down to 725 hp via a tapered intake plate or restrictor plate as we know it. Also for the Sprint Cup series they will now have rain tires, wipers and defoggers in the cars for road course races similar to the Nationwide and Camping World truck series. Whats you guys thoughts on the engine changes?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New Nascar rule package out today. Here are 3 of the 50 changes I found interesting. No preseason testing at Daytona for the 500. The first time the cars hit the track will be for Speedweeks. Engine hp reduction down to 725 hp via a tapered intake plate or restrictor plate as we know it. Also for the Sprint Cup series they will now have rain tires, wipers and defoggers in the cars for road course races similar to the Nationwide and Camping World truck series. Whats you guys thoughts on the engine changes?
They also take an inch and a half off the rear spoiler and drop 300# overall they are predicting a 3-4mph decrease. Another big one is no private testing, can only test at events sanctioned by Nascar and/or Goodyear.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hp decrease sucks, but the rain tires for the road course will be cool, give the race a new a aspect, be a new challenge for the drivers. The only thing left to add to the rain package will be the heated steering wheels. :)

Sent from my iPad

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grand jury to start looking at Tony Stewart evidence today. No timetable for end date.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grand jury to start looking at Tony Stewart evidence today. No timetable for end date.
Grand jury has made their decision. Tony will NOT be charged with anything. One thing I gathered and was surprised in was they discovered Kevin Ward Jr was under the influence of marijuana! Oh boy!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grand jury has made their decision. Tony will NOT be charged with anything. One thing I gathered and was surprised in was they discovered Kevin Ward Jr was under the influence of marijuana! Oh boy!
Doesn't sound like Wards family is gonna let it go. Round 2 coming shortly. Wow on the pot.......never saw that coming.

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am sick and tired of faster cars in behind not being able to pass slower cars because of that aero push. How many times have we seen the guy who gets out front stays out front. In F1 i like that DRS thing they have - it is a flap that opens that reduces drag on the car in behind if it is within 1 sec of the car of in front.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am sick and tired of faster cars in behind not being able to pass slower cars because of that aero push. How many times have we seen the guy who gets out front stays out front. In F1 i like that DRS thing they have - it is a flap that opens that reduces drag on the car in behind if it is within 1 sec of the car of in front.
Ya but in Nascar no one is off into the kitty litter. Lol.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like Wards family is gonna let it go. Round 2 coming shortly. Wow on the pot.......never saw that coming.
Maybe I'm a cold hearted ba$tard but when I heard ward was under the influence of pot the accident suddenly turned from tragic to just another idiot strung out on dope doing something stupid. Too bad the ward family itself can't be charged for their boy using drugs. It just pisses me off that they are bound and determined to get Tony charged with something. Especially after everyone now knows Kevin Ward Jr was at fault. After all, you can't fix stupidity. How low is it to keep trying to get him charged after he has been so cooperative and is willing to meet with the family about the situation. Does the Ward family truly believe it's okay to race while under the influence of pot?!?!?! DROP IT, you know you're family is in the wrong!

Put the shoe on another foot. What if Kevin Ward spun out Tony and when Kevin came back around accidently hit a safety worker? Would that be ok? Would the pot not have an effect on it? Trouble is if the safety workers family went after the Ward family, there probably isn't much money there to take anyways.

Another thing I hated to see is the sport of NASCAR has changed forever despite such a foolish act by Kevin Ward Jr. Now NASCAR drivers can't even get out of their cars unless safety workers are there. Also, no more helmet throws or fist shaking at other drivers.......or fights. I hate to see the raw emotion leave the sport. All because an impaired racer outside of the sanctioning body of NASCAR decided to walk down into the racing lane under caution and got clipped by a NASCAR driver. It's kind of similar to drunk driving, you can post speed limits, paint lines on the road, and hang stop signs but if he is impaired those are mostly meaningless.

Rant over :mad:

Top Bottom