Narrowing Ramp?

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Has anybody made there sled deck ramp more narrow? I'm running a 34" front end on my sled and I have very little room for error in the middle of the ramp when loading and off loading. I was thinking of just running a strip of super glides up the outside edges of the middle of the ramp as a just in case but I'm worried that someone or myself will step on them and possibly fall through.

Any thoughts? Thx

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe a guy could just lay some 1/8”x8” aluminum flat bar down and rivet it to your ramps rungs. At that point you could fasten the superglides to the aluminum and be all set. I think it just might be the best bet.

Has anybody made there sled deck ramp more narrow? I'm running a 34" front end on my sled and I have very little room for error in the middle of the ramp when loading and off loading. I was thinking of just running a strip of super glides up the outside edges of the middle of the ramp as a just in case but I'm worried that someone or myself will step on them and possibly fall through.

Any thoughts? Thx

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Any thoughts? Thx

I ran a 3" wide strip of superglides just inside the existing sliders on my ramp for my 36" front end. If I hit my ramp just right I don't need them, by more often than not I just catch one or the other. I guess I could fall through them if stepped on, but I make a practice out of not walking on the ramp, one good fall off the ramp made my mind up on that.

mikol

Reaction score
I’ve been running a narrowed ramp for two seasons now. Bought a demo marlon ramp to replace my tri fold x deck ramp and it didn’t fit in the x deck slot. Had a buddy of mine cut each rung down and weld it back up. He musta done a really good job because I’ve had no issues and it slides perfect.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
^^ thanks you are right that's exactly what I'm going to do. I was thinking on how to narrow it this weekend but after taking a better look at the ramp this morning in the shop that's the way to go.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched the regular width Superglides on my ramp to the wide glides. the only catch is at full width you only had 17" opening for the track. so kind of the opposite problem. l cut l think two grooves off the wide glides on the inside and was still able to use the edge rail trim mounting system.

Top Bottom