Sled Deck Ramps Concerns

oldtimer

Reaction score
Son in law just purchased a X Deck. Had a little adventure loading CanAm 800 ATV. Not sure of his tire size but they have an aggressive tread and the backs are a bit wider. What happened is his quad got half way up, and from what we can analyze his right rear spun out and front came up and off ramp to the right and quad fell over side of ramp. Fortunately he's fine and quad as well. When we measured and checked things out his rear tires are partially riding on outside rails where there's zero grip. His tires were dry. If they were wet or muddy!!!! I'm sure he's not the only one with larger tires. Ramp measures 50.5" outside and with his tires he's 52" no spacers. Has anyone else had any issues? Are all ramps similar in width? I feel the ramp is too narrow for non stock tires. Thanks for comments.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Son in law just purchased a X Deck. Had a little adventure loading CanAm 800 ATV. Not sure of his tire size but they have an aggressive tread and the backs are a bit wider. What happened is his quad got half way up, and from what we can analyze his right rear spun out and front came up and off ramp to the right and quad fell over side of ramp. Fortunately he's fine and quad as well. When we measured and checked things out his rear tires are partially riding on outside rails where there's zero grip. His tires were dry. If they were wet or muddy!!!! I'm sure he's not the only one with larger tires. Ramp measures 50.5" outside and with his tires he's 52" no spacers. Has anyone else had any issues? Are all ramps similar in width? I feel the ramp is too narrow for non stock tires. Thanks for comments.

Use 4x4 when loading

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Winch line for sure, without it is how people get hurt bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad he and the atv are okay, but 52" center to center tires, hell my 850xp popo is 47 outside tire to outside, what crazy offset rims is he running? Winch line for sure if the tires won't ride proper on the ramp.

oldtimer

Reaction score
Just to clarify, quad was in 4x4. And measurement for rear are outside to outside. Any video I watched, the wheels of the ATV were inside outer edge of ramp. I believe Marlon ramps are 55" and Crosstrax is 52". X Deck ramp non issue for sleds. Was hoping to hear from any X Deck owners and their comments. Thanks again.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found it better loading in high range 4x4 with the 650 and larger machines less low end power to make the front lite

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I load my can am 1000 29.5 mud tires on my x deck no problem . 1 ton lifted truck . Sounds like he was going to fast or accelerated while on the ramp . The x deck ramp have the best angle of any deck ramp you can load on them very slow never had an issue . Front tires fit inside ramp . Rears hang of a couple inches .

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They sell a supplemental ramp for sxs's that's about a foot wide to go beside the main ramp. Just to accommodate added width. If loading that quad is a sketchy deal I'd certainly be looking into it one!

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a truck boss and a sxs. They have the same sled ramp and it was a bit too narrow so i got the 2 single skinny ramps instead. 16" wide i can put them any width of machine. If marlon has a 12" ramp trade in the sled ramp or buy 2 singles. Just cant load a sled with 2 singles

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Owned an x deck for 6 yrs or so, never any issues loading with the quad. Hit the ramps with little more speed or park on a decline so the ramp is more horizontal. Don't winch to the eyelets on the headache rack, I broke the welds on them. Use the main headache rack support in the middle if you'd rather winch up.

Hitchguy

Reaction score
i have a set of 12 foot Marathon ramps that would cure the problem set it to the correct width !! they close up to 6 feet !

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
i have a set of 12 foot Marathon ramps that would cure the problem set it to the correct width !! they close up to 6 feet !
That's the way I'll go next. Dual single ramps for summer and my 12' sled ramp for winter.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a truck boss deck now with 12ft ramps,I'd still choose the x deck ramp for loading quads.The arched ramp system is great and with sleds doesn't really matter what kind of ramp you choose.

arrkay

Reaction score
I have 2 narrow marathon ramps for sale as well. Perfect for loading sxs or quads. text or call @ 7804024223

Top Bottom