Nakamun atv trails

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
So I am looking at purchasing a property at Lake Nakamun. I’m just wondering if there are any dirt bike trails in the area? I have heard there are trails around Lac la nonne, does anybody know if they are decent and where to unload at?

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy has a place at Nakamun and they ride atvs and bike right from the little township there. There are riding trails around the area. Plus Barry’s motocross track is close to that area.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am looking at purchasing a property at Lake Nakamun. I’m just wondering if there are any dirt bike trails in the area? I have heard there are trails around Lac la nonne, does anybody know if they are decent and where to unload at?

Hi Scott. There are trails out here, most cut through private property here and there to weave your way around. In the summer it’s tricky to get through places as more and more people are starting to gate things off and post signs as the 1000cc piped up mud slayers can’t wait to get through “Fred’s Pasture” before making ruts and an absolute mess and frankly there are more and more landowners out here now than ever before. There’s a guy on the west end of Nakamun that has big groups out at times and they have pretty much screwed things up for everyone by taking their own incentive to run Trails because they are there and it’s pissed off a lot of people who own the land, myself included as they crash through the bush, make massive ruts and destroy the trails, cut down trees and poach firewood. No one minded when people went around the outside of the field but the past couple years the wet crop land has been an invitation for a mud slinging festival in the fields, which still boggles my mind how city-its can be so stupid and ignorant. We’ve closed off one of our fields now as we’ve had jeeps and pickups coming in because the trails been cut out so wide now, it used to be a great trail to get you from 570A up towards killdeer beach...A lot of these trails here are literally meant to move cows between pastures etc. I spent years cutting trails through land to make access for getting around and now unless you know the landowner as a neighbour it’s harder and harder and the trail system has shrunk. Summertime atv and bike action you’ll need to use the roads a lot and ditches where you can that aren’t covered in willows and swamps. There were a few key cut thoughts to get out North to the Pembina, over West to Rich Valley, South towards Onoway and the beach and East to Busby, but honestly all are 100 times easier in winter on a snowmobile or when it’s frozen. You can head East on 570 to RR13 and head North, you can cut over to 651 and run over to BUMP (Barry’s Ultra Motorsports Park). Take the ditches East or west as the trails that used to go between RR22 and there are now out of order and fenced across due to trespassing. PM me if you want any other intel.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted two quarters for the same trespassing reason.
People almost driving right into the yard.
I hunt on about 30 quarters out there and permission on every one for access, some I am allowed to only walk in but have yearly permission.
The guy that runs the local skidoo rally has the combination to open the two gates for two weekends.

Guy I know out there caught a guy in SXS burning doughnuts in his hayfield.
Asked the guy what he was doing.
Guy was out for a ride, all proud he had bought an acreage a couple miles away because there were so many fields to ride in.
I think George almost choked the retard.

It's the lack of common sense that is not common any more.
There are to many dumb ones fawking things up.
This may not have much to with Nakamun trails but where ever you go check for private land and get permission for access.
Start with what local club has approved.
Private is part of "Private Land " for a reason.

Good luck and happy trail hunting!

Last edited:

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Thanks for info FastFarmer, I get it some people are dumb and wreck it for others. My grandparents had a cabin on the east end of Nakamun drive when I was growing up I used to basically live out there with them. It looks like the 2 little trails that ran along the south of the village are closed down ( I can understand why with how big the machines are now ) but man I rode those trails back and forth all day when I was a kid.

Do you know anything about trails around Lac la nonne? Or is it same situation? I don’t mind putting the bikes in the back of the truck and unloading. I know bump is super close and they have some trails cut.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My family has had a cottage there for the past 35 years. Turned into my parents retirement home about 10 years ago.

As said the trails are not really accessible anymore. That is where I did all my riding as a kid. I would head out on my little bikes and be gone for hours or the day every weekend and all summer. Trails have mostly been closed or roads built through now.

Better in the winter on sleds.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info FastFarmer, I get it some people are dumb and wreck it for others. My grandparents had a cabin on the east end of Nakamun drive when I was growing up I used to basically live out there with them. It looks like the 2 little trails that ran along the south of the village are closed down ( I can understand why with how big the machines are now ) but man I rode those trails back and forth all day when I was a kid.

Do you know anything about trails around Lac la nonne? Or is it same situation? I don’t mind putting the bikes in the back of the truck and unloading. I know bump is super close and they have some trails cut.

Ya those trails are closed. There is a bit of a dispute between the land owner and the residents.

Apparently the guy wanted to develop that strip and put in a camp ground. The residents at the lake pushed back and the guy blocked access to the trails.

Kinda a strange piece of land. Long skinny strip behind the village and between another fenced property.

Man I rode a lot of hours through those trails. Sucks as that was the access to the east side of the chain of small Beaver ponds that are a blast to sled along.

Top Bottom