Mystery Lake

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This lake is on the East border of Jasper NP south of Hinton. Pretty hard getting in because of mud and creek crossings. We rode in and camped over night. Really nice area but the lake is the dead end for the trail after that its all hiking into JNP.

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They say there are fish in there. We never tried fishing. Have you ever been there.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I have never been there I think You may be looking for the name of the lake?
I thought mystery was the name of the lake my bad;)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Mystery Lake??

GLEN, YOU'RE NOT QUADDING INTO THE BACK PART OF MALIGNE LAKE ARE YOU?? IS THE LAKE REALLY LARGE?? HOW CLOSE TO CADOMIN IS IT?? DID YOU GO ONTO GOOGLE EARTH?? :confused: I, LIKE CUMMINSNORTH, THOUGHT YOU MEANT THAT WAS THE NAME OF THE LAKE:eek: ......... HA, HA --- WE'RE BAD.

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No Summitric I wouldn1t to that BUT;) . Lake is right on the park boundry east of Miette Hot Springs. If you really wanted to you could Hike to the hotsprings about 15 km in and a very large river crossing. When we went that river was in full spring runoff there was no chance in he$$ that we could do it.The lakes real name is Mystery Lake because the mystery is where the lake drains to. Water level drops but no output creek. Much like Medicine Lake in Jasper NP. Water in no way out but seeps thru the ground or springs or Wherever. Nice place to camp but watch for the big fuzzy buddies with long claws and a bad attitude.

-rossco-

Reaction score
havent been in there in years summer its one muddy ride. There is a cabin just before the lake that i think you can rent or thats what i have heard anyway.

Top Bottom