My views on religion

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to play devils avocate.......where was god for the hundreds of thousands who weren't so lucky? i personally know people who were prayed for and didnt make it

does god work in mysterious ways, or does the human body work in mysterious ways?

I don't know Plio. God does what he does for his plan to work out. Maybe he needed those people for other things elsewhere. We will find out one day on which religion is the right one. God does have a plan for all of us imo

We as well know many who were prayed for that never made it. I think everybody does.
God does answer all prayers just sometimes the answer is no then we like little kids to their parents whine a say why right away. Its human nature we all do it.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
every year the wall street journal does an article on the top ten companies in the word, and everytime I've ever read it there is one consistency. The #1 money making organization since the inception of time is..............drumroll please...................The Catholic Church, alot of money to be made in jesus, ask Jim Baker

I won't even get into that one. That is a whole other thread. Big difference between christianity and catholicism. Imo. I have my own thoughts on that as well but who am I to judge.
My opinions on your statement above are probably just about exactly the same as yours

Dang it is hard to keep up to you all on the blackberry lol

Smokey1

Reaction score
Listening to religious people trying to justify their nonsensical beliefs provide me with countless hours of entertainment.

Want an enjoyable afternoon? Have a chat with a morman, their beliefs/ customs are just wild!

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Listening to religious people trying to justify their nonsensical beliefs provide me with countless hours of entertainment.

Want an enjoyable afternoon? Have a chat with a morman, their beliefs/ customs are just wild!

mormans are fawked and im not about to change the spelling on that one they are that bad

Last edited by a moderator:

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't even get into that one. That is a whole other thread. Big difference between christianity and catholicism. Imo. I have my own thoughts on that as well but who am I to judge.
My opinions on your statement above are probably just about exactly the same as yours

Dang it is hard to keep up to you all on the blackberry lol

I obviously don't believe, as you do. It is refreshing to be able to have a conversation with someone that is open-minded enough to realize that the whole world DOESN'T have to have the same beliefs as him, and if they don't they are destined for some horrible there after.

I RESPECT THAT !!!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I obviously don't believe, as you do. It is refreshing to be able to have a conversation with someone that is open-minded enough to realize that the whole world DOESN'T have to have the same beliefs as him, and if they don't they are destined for some horrible there after.

I RESPECT THAT !!!

x2.....

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bwahahahaha. While you were all busy filling 15 pages of this round and round debate, I drove out to valemont and am sitting on the couch sipping spicesd rum and praying to Christ that the sun shines tomorrow.....

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually don't speak my serious opinion, but I will this time.

I watched my father suffer and die when cancer ate 90 pounds off his body and caused the smooth part of his eyeballs to become craters to the point that the pupil part looked like it was sitting in a stem. It was a horrible thing for him to go through, for 3 months it was like a nightmare we couldn't wake up from. Day and night we watched him suffer and were completely helpless when he wanted us to somehow make it better. It was the hardest time in my life and probably our marriage. When we went through that time, it made me do a lot if thinking and rethinking. It made me realize that life is too short and too serious to joke about, whatever you believe better be worth it.

God loves us enough to not control us, instead He gives us the freewill to make our own decisions. What we do with that is up to us.

A year or so after my dad died, I became really really sick. Finally they found out that I have a tumor and gave me less than a year. This was by God's grace that it was even found. It was so hard on my body and among deterioration and things I can no longer do, it has now caused for me to not be able to have children. It messed my body up and makes it attack itself. After countless appointments and frustration, they found that certain things trigger parts of my brain which trigger it's growth. Avoiding some situations and different triggers have been able to slow it's growth for the moment. It is not a permanent fix, and next time it will come back fast, with a vengeance and I probably won't be so lucky.

I asked a question earlier, if somehow someone knew and told you that you would not wake up tomorrow, what would you do next ?
Not something a lot of people would think seriously about very much. At least that is my opinion.
I pray every night when I go to bed that tonight isn't that night. One night, (or day) sooner than later 'that night' will be my and magnet's reality.
When I asked that question I was only wondering what other people would truly think or do. Now I guess I know.

I believe in God, and hope that through His grace when my night comes, He will take me home to Him.

God has given magnet patience and support for me beyond what he ever would have been able to do on his own.

I believe that my way to share God's love is not so much through words, that is not my place. Instead through behavior and example. So I won't preach to you, only tell you the hand I have been dealt sucks, but at least it is giving me more time than I was supposed to have with my loved ones. I will never have children, and although I am aware my days have been numbered, I know last time was a gift from God, because if they hadn't found my tumor, they wouldn't have been able to find partly what is triggering it's growth, and that alone would have killed me back then. Although I am getting sick again, I know I have been blessed by God with the extra time I was given.

If you don't believe in God I do not judge you for it, but do not insult Him.

The day I found out about my brain results, before I got to the surgeon, I read something that has always stuck with me.
It said "If you are living like there is no God, you'd better be right."

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:p
Bwahahahaha. While you were all busy filling 15 pages of this round and round debate, I drove out to valemont and am sitting on the couch sipping spicesd rum and praying to Christ that the sun shines tomorrow.....

Well at least we got you praying.

My job is done for the day now.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After what snowmonkey wrote you two are like the fart at the end of the opera, in the silence just before the applause.
Smooth...
Well said monkey no more from me

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I watched my father suffer and die when cancer ate 90 pounds off his body and caused the smooth part of his eyeballs to become craters to the point that the pupil part looked like it was sitting in a stem. It was a horrible thing for him to go through, for 3 months it was like a nightmare we couldn't wake up from. Day and night we watched him suffer and were completely helpless when he wanted us to somehow make it better. It was the hardest time in my life and probably our marriage. When we went through that time, it made me do a lot if thinking and rethinking. It made me realize that life is too short and too serious to joke about, whatever you believe better be worth it.

God loves us enough to not control us, instead He gives us the freewill to make our own decisions. What we do with that is up to us.

A year or so after my dad died, I became really really sick. Finally they found out that I have a tumor and gave me less than a year. This was by God's grace that it was even found. It was so hard on my body and among deterioration and things I can no longer do, it has now caused for me to not be able to have children. It messed my body up and makes it attack itself. After countless appointments and frustration, they found that certain things trigger parts of my brain which trigger it's growth. Avoiding some situations and different triggers have been able to slow it's growth for the moment. It is not a permanent fix, and next time it will come back fast, with a vengeance and I probably won't be so lucky.

I asked a question earlier, if somehow someone knew and told you that you would not wake up tomorrow, what would you do next ?
Not something a lot of people would think seriously about very much. At least that is my opinion.
I pray every night when I go to bed that tonight isn't that night. One night, (or day) sooner than later 'that night' will be my and magnet's reality.
When I asked that question I was only wondering what other people would truly think or do. Now I guess I know.

I believe in God, and hope that through His grace when my night comes, He will take me home to Him.

God has given magnet patience and support for me beyond what he ever would have been able to do on his own.

I believe that my way to share God's love is not so much through words, that is not my place. Instead through behavior and example. So I won't preach to you, only tell you the hand I have been dealt sucks, but at least it is giving me more time than I was supposed to have with my loved ones. I will never have children, and although I am aware my days have been numbered, I know last time was a gift from God, because if they hadn't found my tumor, they wouldn't have been able to find partly what is triggering it's growth, and that alone would have killed me back then. Although I am getting sick again, I know I have been blessed by God with the extra time I was given.

The day I found out about my brain results, before I got to the surgeon, I read something that has always stuck with me.

Ummm, the tumors were all there one day, gone the next. That's some pretty speedy remission.
Oh my God

AMEN! thank you!:) what if we didn't have freewill? and all did the same thing? LIFE WOULD SUCK.

Last edited:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

great story , very sorry to hear about your father.......if i had to go through that i would die..........

i very much appreciate your posting here! thanks for leading magnet to christ , hes a good man and would hate to see him.........well you know..........

magnet said it over and over.........if i'm wrong i lose a few hours each week........if your wrong you lose for eternity.............which do you care more about?

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

holy crap!!!! i hadn't read the whole thing at first and i appologize for that! just re-read it! you are a very strong women , i will pray for you and your family every night!i thank the Lord that he gave you the extra time! God bless!!!!!!! awesome story!!! it makes me wanna live better , seriously , i realise i'm a idiot for talking the way i do..............wow ive drifted far from God!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome story and GOD BLESS!!

Top Bottom