My Thundercat rocks!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ski tracks app on my iPhone is very accurate with top speed. Down load the 99cent app and there you go. And it allows you to post the data to face book or anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember for every 1 inch in tire size over the stock 25 inch tires your real speed is approximately 4% faster then the indicated speed on the speedometer. Your speedometer does not get re-calibrated when you change tires because the pick-up for the speed sensor is in the transmission and the display will always assume 25 inch stock tires are on the ATV

Meaning if your speedometer is accurate with the stock 25" tires and you install 28" tires and if you see 70 mph on the speedometer your actual speed or real speed is 70 mph +12% = 78.4 MPH.
I understand, that's y I said 23 inch tires

88 mph with 23 inch = 80 ish actual and or calibrated at 25 inch tires

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I reported this post.How dare you ? Candy crush is my favourite.
Okay guys, Scotty is obviously a very happy man with his Thundercat, and good on him. This thread isn't here for all you guys to jump all over him, there is no PERFECT ATV/UTV for everyone out there, and Scotty has found one that he enjoys and allows him to get out into the great outdoors with his kids and have some fun!

I'd much rather see more families doing that, then buying X-Boxes and Playstations, putting the kids in front of the TV and playing Candy Crush on their cell phones........

Lets stop with the BS bashing........

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old 500 ac was a pooch, 45 mph tops. That's why I bought the tcat.

Okay guys, Scotty is obviously a very happy man with his Thundercat, and good on him. This thread isn't here for all you guys to jump all over him, there is no PERFECT ATV/UTV for everyone out there, and Scotty has found one that he enjoys and allows him to get out into the great outdoors with his kids and have some fun!

I'd much rather see more families doing that, then buying X-Boxes and Playstations, putting the kids in front of the TV and playing Candy Crush on their cell phones........

Lets stop with the BS bashing........

Well said! Very well said! I need a hug

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old 500 ac was a pooch, 45 mph tops. That's why I bought the tcat.

u could check it against a GPS as some have a speedo function., which would be very close to actual speed. I will ask you not to do it though, as at that speed chit happens fast and a high speed roll over is no fun. it takes vey little to roll, and if fatal, leaves little ones without a dad. That is maturity talking, take it which ever way you like, but attending funerals is usually no joy.

Yes, hi speed on a quad is not he smartest to do for sure. Well said Imdoo'n Sorry I called you an Idiot earlier LOL You're probably quite a nice guy.... like me!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, hi speed on a quad is not he smartest to do for sure. Well said Imdoo'n Sorry I called you an Idiot earlier LOL You're probably quite a nice guy.... like me!

He is nice when he gets free beer

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha, I have no idea where those cases of beer went! no idea!! I know nothing!!!! (sargent schultz voice)

Me either.

Maybe a sasquash ???

A cougar??

A duck ??

A chicken??

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless of gearing 30 inch tires slow a machine down...
because of heavier mass. Any given quad will reach a higher top speed with stock 25/26 inch tires than the same machine with heavy 30 inch tires....
real world ...

No dought the Tcats have long legs .... But s 135k BB rhino .... Now that I would not even believe the vid ...!! Lollol

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless of gearing 30 inch tires slow a machine down...
because of heavier mass. Any given quad will reach a higher top speed with stock 25/26 inch tires than the same machine with heavy 30 inch tires....
real world ...

No dought the Tcats have long legs .... But s 135k BB rhino .... Now that I would not even believe the vid ...!! Lollol

I don't really give a chit if you believe it of not, I saw it with my own eyes and I have no reason to lie about it.

Speedo may not have been very accurate, but thats what it said. It was on 30's also haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and it was a 4 seater, 3 people in the rig total while doing this top speed run, no joke.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your speedo is out ..,lol.
Other than that how would a big bore kit add almost 40mph to your top end ? I would guess there are a ton of rhino owners wondering the same thing ...?

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some amazing stuff in this thread, I'm not really bashing cats, as I don't have one and never had, they are all machines they all do things that their competitors can't , I was just simply stating that it's a wee bit hard to believe. I have limited exp on the speed of quads, rzrs ect however I'm thinking 85 mph on it would be just asking for trouble,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other than that how would a big bore kit add almost 40mph to your top end ? I would guess there are a ton of rhino owners wondering the same thing ...?

Mine sure the fawk didnt .

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't know man, thats just what it says? Maybe you're just too big of puzzy to keeper pinned long eneogh?? Do you even have a 770 rhino bro?? lol

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No ,I am still saving up for one....one day....

please explain the the big bore increase in speed for all of us... Though. When I get that new rhino I want to smoke xp1000's all day....

Speaking of smokin.......lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom