My Thundercat rocks!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are some nice chickens! Chicken hunting is some if the funnest hunting there is! The best memories I have is hunting those with my family! Ride what you like and don't let these guys bother you, they are really nice guys in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drinking again???

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay guys, Scotty is obviously a very happy man with his Thundercat, and good on him. This thread isn't here for all you guys to jump all over him, there is no PERFECT ATV/UTV for everyone out there, and Scotty has found one that he enjoys and allows him to get out into the great outdoors with his kids and have some fun!

I'd much rather see more families doing that, then buying X-Boxes and Playstations, putting the kids in front of the TV and playing Candy Crush on their cell phones........

Lets stop with the BS bashing........

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No bashing , but if Scotty keeps riding that thunder cat down dirt roads at 85 mph , scottys kids might not have a DAD....
that is my point... Let alone in a subdivision .

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't by chance have a brother living in BC ..... Do you ? Goes by the name of Tex.....
I'm a only child Neville, just a FYI

But the more I think about it, Larry has to be ur long long lost ( very lost) BROTHER

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In scotty's defence, my old BB 770 Rhino on 30's speedo said it could go 136kph down a dirt road. I just figured the speedo was waaaaay off.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow u guys are like the next gbca rat pack

Mabe he has 23 inch tires and the speedo shows 85 mph

Remember for every 1 inch in tire size over the stock 25 inch tires your real speed is approximately 4% faster then the indicated speed on the speedometer. Your speedometer does not get re-calibrated when you change tires because the pick-up for the speed sensor is in the transmission and the display will always assume 25 inch stock tires are on the ATV

Meaning if your speedometer is accurate with the stock 25" tires and you install 28" tires and if you see 70 mph on the speedometer your actual speed or real speed is 70 mph +12% = 78.4 MPH.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You never know. My old Banshee that was done right up would 145+, my buddy was going 145 in his truck and I past him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was very slow to get there, but it was geared pretty high. You could watch it gain speed slowly 1kp/h at a time lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok... I just went for a rip down the county rode. I got up to 87 miles per hour....... I would have went to 88 but I'm having trouble with the Flux Capacitor..... Not sure where it would have takin me???
u could check it against a GPS as some have a speedo function., which would be very close to actual speed. I will ask you not to do it though, as at that speed chit happens fast and a high speed roll over is no fun. it takes vey little to roll, and if fatal, leaves little ones without a dad. That is maturity talking, take it which ever way you like, but attending funerals is usually no joy.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotty these guys arseholes pucker at the mere mention of cat and they will bash till there fingers are sore lol tons of videos on arctic chat showing Tcats running 85 mph bone stock. Usually below 2000' though. They don't run as fast here at 3000' and above. If your getting those speeds something is right in the universe. 77-80 seems to be the norm around here. Your quad came stock with 25" MAXXIS 4-speed tires on it.
Make sure you do the burp bottle mod if you like doing extended high speed runs. They build to much crankcase pressure and will blow oil into the airbox ( and pop seals).

Just to stir the pot a little lol 2009 tcat smoking a 2012 1000 canned ham. Ostacruiser wasn't happy lol

2012 outlander 1000 vs 2009 thundercat 1000 - YouTube

Last edited:
Top Bottom