My PUSSSY Is Leaking Oil Need Help Please!

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is my 2010 Arctic Cat Mudpro 1000. Bought her new in 2012. I properly broke her in according to the book, if anything I doubled the break in time. She is completely stock until this past friday where I installed an HMF Swamp Series XL pipe. I went for a ride a couple hrs worth to our local trestle bridge and so on, not going faster then 30km/h. I met up with a buddy and his 4up polaris 900 and continued on with our ride. We arrived back at home when buddy noticed my quad dripping oil. I couldn't tell from where it was leaking from, but there was still some oil left, but minimal.

IMG_20130606_223349.jpg IMG_20130605_204222.jpg

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She has a little more then 600km. I cleaned her up and took off the skid plate and found a seeping leak thru the gasket on the side case where the dipstick is situated. I was wondering how could this be possible? The bolts where properly torqued and i never hit my skid plate (especially that i got 14" clearance)?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tcat builds a lot of crankcase pressure especially with prolonged steady rpm riding. A lot of guys do a modification called the burp bottle mod. It allows for more positive crankcase ventilation.
Another tip is to run your oil on the bottom level of the dipstick. If you want a how to for the mod pm me

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same prob on my old tcat cut the neck off the catch can and went to 3/4 vent to the airbox and problem solved

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this burp bottle mod legit? I have read some threads where the mod changes the idle and running characteristics of the machine! ? Thanks for the feedback guys!!! :)

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep need a rotax lol but yea my tcat didn't change after burp bottle mod I'd deff look into it my seal issues were all gone

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20130614_204542 cheap.jpg
20130614_204527cheap.jpg
20130614_204511cheap.jpg
Well a week later I decided to buy gasket guessing it would just be a gasket...and so I opened my mag cover and guessed right. The factory placed gasket was misplaced on the bottom edge of the cover and also cracked from being misplaced. Since this is a wet mag, pressured oil decided to flow thru the path of lease resistance, MY ADVICE check torque specs often! :) 8lb.ft for the cover. She should be running tomoro! :)

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the burp bottle mod!
Idk man ill run it like this! It was clearly a misaligned gasket palced on factory installation that was the problem. There wasnt any signs of the case being overpressured, besides the oil comming out under pressure. If this happens again ill make sure to do the burp bottle mod. Thanks tho :)!

Top Bottom