Either thats a real nice garage or your building a sled in the kitchen.:yikes:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that will smell awesome when its time to start it up!!!!!!!!:eek:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holly it is easier to put sliders on the skid than to strip it totally down and then try to put it all back together 3 weeks later with no sign of wear on the holes, and total different color. and the pictures that I took show me only 25%of what I needed to know lol. this has been a jig saw puzzle that I have been doing blind folded lol. well had to send 3 parts back to get recoated so waiting another week to finnish the front end. I almost feel like polishing the tunnel lol. not this year hun, lol. I still have to get the other sleds done and xmas is comming real quick. I guess 1 of 5 sleds running is a start (good thing the last sled bought needed nothing but pull the cord lol). Im never going to get them done!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holly it is easier to put sliders on the skid than to strip it totally down and then try to put it all back together 3 weeks later with no sign of wear on the holes, and total different color. and the pictures that I took show me only 25%of what I needed to know lol. this has been a jig saw puzzle that I have been doing blind folded lol. well had to send 3 parts back to get recoated so waiting another week to finnish the front end. I almost feel like polishing the tunnel lol. not this year hun, lol. I still have to get the other sleds done and xmas is comming real quick. I guess 1 of 5 sleds running is a start (good thing the last sled bought needed nothing but pull the cord lol). Im never going to get them done!

the price to keep the girls happy sometimes is costly

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you might as well break it down the rest of the way and do the tunnel, bulkhead, and steering post.

That is awesome. I love it. You even did the chaincase cover. Who did all the powder coating? I had my tunnel done in Kelowna, but it was not done right and did not hold up. I had Prismatic Powders in Oregon do the rest of my stuff. Since they sell the powders to everyone, I knew they would know how to use them.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you might as well break it down the rest of the way and do the tunnel, bulkhead, and steering post.

That is awesome. I love it. You even did the chaincase cover. Who did all the powder coating? I had my tunnel done in Kelowna, but it was not done right and did not hold up. I had Prismatic Powders in Oregon do the rest of my stuff. Since they sell the powders to everyone, I knew they would know how to use them.

yes it is totally sweet i love it! but im just the money, garry is doing all the work! the powder coating was done in Slamon Arm BC, dont know the name it is a friend of his we had to send a few things back to get redone you will have to PM him for all the info!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are some more photos!

Attachments

• IMG00074sm.jpg
    IMG00074sm.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG00081 sm.jpg
    IMG00081 sm.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG00083 sm.jpg
    IMG00083 sm.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG00084.jpg
    IMG00084.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG00085 sm.jpg
    IMG00085 sm.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 488

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol im so excited one more part done!!!

Attachments

• IMG00089.jpg
    IMG00089.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 39

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the record the coating was done in Salmon Arm. not impressed with the price. to make a long story short quoted X amount, ended up being X times 2....got it down to about 100 buck more than X....then took 3 pieces back to get recoated and found out that there was another $150 still on the bill....I said WTF and freeked again. this is how not to do bussiness. I will be going some where else next time...there is someone on here in fort sask that has a powder coating shop.....going to ask him next time....

Flick

Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack this thread or anything, but for anyone interested in powdercoating like this, my dad's shop Impact Coatings Inc. in the west end of edmonton has this exact color, as well as many other cool candy colors. Anyone interested in getting some things powdercoated and your unfamiliar with it feel free to come by the shop, they will give you a tour and such. Also we do ceramic coating which is a high temperature chrome like finish for sled pipes. I know a fair few members on S&M have got their stuff done by us. We do extremely high quality work. Anyway, super cool sled, I too am excited to see it complete!

Impact Coatings Inc
15915 121A Avenue Nw,
Edmonton, AB T5V 1B1

780-455-2628

Top Bottom