My first Mountain sledding trip

Oilsands

Reaction score
Did a trip (Dec 7th to 11th) with a few others that have been riding for a few years and have gone to Revy a number of times. I am not new to sledding, but new to mountain sledding. First sledding day (8th) we went to Frisby, sunny blue skies but snow was packed in most areas with the odd spots that had some small patches that were lightly touched. 9th we went to Boulder (cloudy skies with occasional light snow) and found some hills and treed areas that were next to untouched. Had a blast in areas that had more powder, some hill climbing in powder and some boondocking in the trees. 10th did Boulder again (again cloudy with some new snow that fell that night and occasionally during the day) but went up the newly opened trail to the cabin. Again, did some boondocking in the trees (lots of untouched areas along the new trail). Then went to some small bowls that were lightly touched, played in the powder and hills. Headed home on the 11th. Had a blast with all the guys, they took good care of me and the other new mountain sledder. Looking forward to doing it again, liked it so much looking at buying my own sled for the next trip.

Attachments

• 101_2476.jpg
    101_2476.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 98
  • PC100041.jpg
    PC100041.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 101_2486.jpg
    101_2486.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG00023.jpg
    IMG00023.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 101_2494.jpg
    101_2494.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 93
  • PC090036.jpg
    PC090036.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 75
  • PC090038.jpg
    PC090038.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 72

Oilsands

Reaction score
Thanks. I had a blast and look forward to more trips. There was 9 of us in this group on this trip

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People can try to describe mountain riding to friends and there is no way to understand what its like unless you do it yourself. Welcome to mountain riding...the greatest drug with the biggest high and the wildest addiction out there! You try it once and your hooked for life!!!

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey oilsands, where you with Ian and Aaron? If so we just missed you guys, and we'll have to meet up on the next trip.

Oilsands

Reaction score
Hey oilsands, where you with Ian and Aaron? If so we just missed you guys, and we'll have to meet up on the next trip.

Yes I was with them. You should have had some good days of riding with all the fresh snow that came down Thursday night. We opted to head home Friday morning. Looking forward to more trips.

Anthony

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People can try to describe mountain riding to friends and there is no way to understand what its like unless you do it yourself. Welcome to mountain riding...the greatest drug with the biggest high and the wildest addiction out there! You try it once and your hooked for life!!!

Yup, what he said!!!!:cool:

Oilsands

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but I need to get me a sled first. Renting was fine for the first time, but would prefer my own.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I too am brand new to the addiction, and WOW it hit me hard...

A great big THANKS to those of you 'experienced' guys that are willing to take us rookies and share your addiction, and keep us safe (and now BROKE lol)...

Without by buddy inviting me for a whole year before I went, I just didnt get it...Now I get it...

Thanks Guys!

fbraz088

Reaction score

dont even get me started moving out there next year after getting a three day trip last year... i trail ride 4000 miles a year. and id trade a whole season of trail riding for another 3 days.

Top Bottom