My Boss Seat needs the seams redone, any recommendations in the Edmonton area

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See pics below for before and after.:d

Looking for a local place to get the seams on my Boss seat redone. Anyone have a recommendation for the Edmonton area.

Also thinking about having the NOS pouch enlarged for more carrying capacity. Only have one bottle(Shhhh, it's under the hood and only used for the muff pot) but I carry lots of survival gear.

Thanks

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Best Place Bar None In And Around The Edmonton Area Is: Volker's Upholstery ... Call Volker @ 440-4538 .... Works Out Of His Basement And Address Is 5204 - 92 Avenue, Edmonton..... He Can Do Anything Upholstery Wise. Lots Of Satisfied Snowandmudders On Here That Have Had Him Do Work.... And The Most Economical Prices You Will Find!!! Show Pics Of Before And After!!! ;)

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Summitric was right, Volker did an excellent job on my seat. He redid every seam on the seat and enlarged the storage. It barely fit the nitrous bottle before, now there is about 50% more room. High recommend his work and the price was amazing.:d

Before:

Pouchbefore.jpg

Seambefore.jpg

After:

Pouchbottle.jpg

Pouchdepth1.jpg

Pouchdepth.jpg

Seamsafter.jpg

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did two seats for me as well,thanks for the reminder,Got another one that needs his magic touch!
catmando!

mel.h

Reaction score
Hey guys, got my stock seat off my 700 Summit rebuilt from base up by John @CY Upholstery in Ft. Sask.He got rid of the sponge that the factory use's & replaced it with closed cell foam & added 4" to the height. He also got rid of the taillight & built a license plate holder in to the access door of the storage compartment. And, the slip & slide seat material has been replaced by a way better leather that will stand the cold better, plus will not allow the water in. Cannot wait for 1st trip to McBride & I just know my knee"s are going to like it too.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got my stock seat off my 700 Summit rebuilt from base up by John @CY Upholstery in Ft. Sask.He got rid of the sponge that the factory use's & replaced it with closed cell foam & added 4" to the height. He also got rid of the taillight & built a license plate holder in to the access door of the storage compartment. And, the slip & slide seat material has been replaced by a way better leather that will stand the cold better, plus will not allow the water in. Cannot wait for 1st trip to McBride & I just know my knee"s are going to like it too.

Can you post some pics of this?? I really need to do something with my m1000 seat, but cant seem to swallow the 650 bones for a boss.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called Volker today - the answering machine said away until the 24th November just in case anyone is in a hurry.

the pigg

Reaction score
Try Kimbers creations @ 780-915-1847 Kim is verry fussy and does beautiful work. She has repaired every thing for me from a boat tarp to leather jackets sled seats etc.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is one that I experimented with,The grey is is the same as the orange one before upolstery,Then second pic is the finised seat closer up!
catmando!

Attachments

• Two seats.jpg
    Two seats.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 29
  • finished1.jpg
    finished1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 30

Doo Dude

Reaction score
How much did that cost you. I'm looking to do the same thing with my 04 Rev stock seat. I want to lighten it up, but don't want to buy a Boss seat for the price..

mel.h

Reaction score
Hey Deaner, will be working on my sled tomorrow, i'll pull it outside in the light & get some good picture's of the seat. Hope to have them posted tomorrow night or the next day.:beer:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is one that I experimented with,The grey is is the same as the orange one before upolstery,Then second pic is the finised seat closer up!
catmando!

I remember when you got that done. How did it ever work out for you? Do you still run it?

mel.h

Reaction score
Hey Deaner, did not have enough time to get the sled outside for picture's of the seat, hope these one's work for you.Also, the cost was 500.00

Attachments

• HPIM5509.jpg
    HPIM5509.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 37
  • HPIM5510.jpg
    HPIM5510.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 33
  • HPIM5511.jpg
    HPIM5511.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 32
  • HPIM5512.jpg
    HPIM5512.jpg