My Alpine Motorsports Turbo Nytro - it's on fire!

Super_Dave

Reaction score
No really. It's on fire. 2008 Nytro MTX with front mount turbo done by Alpine Motorsports last year. 7 rides total: first was a gas leak at the tank. Next was an ignition wire that was left hanging and cut by the disc break. Next was a wire at the fuel pump that was shorting out. Every ride was a failure, so Dean took it back and said he would go over it from front to back so it would be ready to ride. He delivered it back to me (which was really nice and conveinient) and the very next trip, this is how it ran:

Their response, "These things happen." Very expensive lesson for me. I will never shop there again. Now I have a 2010 rear mount from Alberta Cycle that is an awesome machine.
nytro6.jpg

Nytro Fire 2_0022.jpg

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, sorry about your luck. That's a pretty tough approach to customer service. I guess it's tough to say what caused it, so they don't want to accept liability. What do you do with that? Hope it's insured or sue the company?

Look on the bright side, those are cool pics. I had heard about your sled burning and always wanted to see it. When we ride this year, I'll keep my distance in case you burst into flames again.

sir john

Reaction score
I know pain of a poorly install turbo kit. There are a few companys out there that like to take your money but do not back up there product. But the worsest part is crapy year of sledding.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch...that really sucks! Hope the new sled works better for you and you don't ever have to experience those kinds of problems again....Like said before I hope it was insured!

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see the face in the flames just below the brake lever in the 1st pic.

that's who started the fire. blame him.........

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man thats tough, I hope insurance covered you... Glad you put it up though, i was thinking of a apline low boost, maybe it will be a MCX for me!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok just about passed out..and still didn't see it! Now what do you recommend koby...spin around three times and stand on my head..lol!:d

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate it when I see or hear of these problems, even stock sleds burn down. A good installation is a huge part of a turbo setup. Things can and do fail but attention to detail and hose routing, wiring, workmanship etc. are all part of helping to lessen the risks. Good work takes time and with everyone hunting for the cheapest, some installers are choosing to cut a few corners, install time is the biggest area for cost cutting opportunities. I think there are going to be more of these incidents. Those people with the skills to do their own installs know how long it takes to do a good job. I would never rush an install to be cheaper, there is only one way to do the job. I just shake my head at some of the stuff I see. Owner's of these sleds also need to be vigilant in their preseason maintenance and checking over for any problems that may have arisen from a season of use. An exhaust leak, sticking brakes or bare wiring next to a fuel or oil line will make short work of any sled.

Last edited:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, sorry about your luck. That's a pretty tough approach to customer service. I guess it's tough to say what caused it, so they don't want to accept liability. What do you do with that? Hope it's insured or sue the company?

Look on the bright side, those are cool pics. I had heard about your sled burning and always wanted to see it. When we ride this year, I'll keep my distance in case you burst into flames again.

Ouchh!! A little insult to injury. Sorry to see your ride go up in flames. But that sure looks COOL!!

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
super_dave just joined the site, and now he is off to the carribean. Oh well. I tried to borrow his new nytro, but there was no chance. If he plays his cards right, he'll be lying on the beach in the morning, and sledding in the afternoon. That's always fun.

nosaj82

Reaction score
No really. It's on fire. 2008 Nytro MTX with front mount turbo done by Alpine Motorsports last year. 7 rides total: first was a gas leak at the tank. Next was an ignition wire that was left hanging and cut by the disc break. Next was a wire at the fuel pump that was shorting out. Every ride was a failure, so Dean took it back and said he would go over it from front to back so it would be ready to ride. He delivered it back to me (which was really nice and conveinient) and the very next trip, this is how it ran:

Their response, "These things happen." Very expensive lesson for me. I will never shop there again. Now I have a 2010 rear mount from Alberta Cycle that is an awesome machine.
View attachment 72033

View attachment 72034[/QU

For anybody out there thinking of installing a turbo, go with MCxpress rear mount. They are by far the best kits available but dont go to Riverside Yamaha in St Albert, Alberta. They love you when they want you to buy the kit but after you pay your ten grand you are a worthless customer to them. Those guys suck in there and id leave my sled broken in the garage before i ever did business with them again. Stay away from them, seriously.

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
I'll have to go and have a talk with the mechanics at Alpine when I get home! Glad to hear the new sled is working out for ya!:)

Top Bottom