My 2009 Skidoo prediction

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think that we are missing the point. You want what you want, just like the rest of us, but you are not willing to give anything.

Not willing to give anything - what about the $13,000 to buy the machine. You are so out to lunch in your thinking!!!

Dealers need to look after customers before they replace a single driveshaft to sell another unit - if they have a problem with that then they need to take it up with BRP.

So what if you have another machine to ride - do you somehow deserve the driveshaft less????

Get real with your opinions - customer service is not dead - let's hope you never own a dealership if you do not already!

sunshine

Reaction score
Actually no I don't either own a dealership nor does "MY WIFE" parents own one, I actually just support my local dealer. OH and fyi I am actually a female with a brain;)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you're a dealer and you get a limited # of driveshafts in, are you going to change the ones on customer sleds that are at the shop waiting or wait for someone to bring their sled in?

sunshine

Reaction score
If I was a dealer I would replace the ones that are at the dealership waiting, they have left their machine, why would I call someone else that was not willing to leave their machine?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was a dealer I would replace the ones that are at the dealership waiting, they have left their machine, why would I call someone else that was not willing to leave their machine?

Exactly, there's a lineup to get these things fixed. Dealers are going to do the easy ones first.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you're a dealer and you get a limited # of driveshafts in, are you going to change the ones on customer sleds that are at the shop waiting or wait for someone to bring their sled in?

That is a valid point - I suspect there is a formula

If the XP was not purchased from you but in your shop - maybe
If the XP was purchased from the US but in your shop - NO
If the XP is from a good customer and in your shop - maybe
If the XP is brand new and not sold yet - FOR SURE
If the XP is not in your shop but belongs to customer that bought from you and is disappointed their riding season is cut short - SOULD BE PRIORITY.

Dealers are people just like everyone else - some good some bad, they will do what they want to do

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you are a large volume dealership - do you really want 100 plus sleds sitting in your shop? Not so sure.

sunshine

Reaction score
How do u see that the ones that have left their sleds there to be fixed are the easy ones, verses the ones that were not willing to leave their machine? I don't hink that any one individual is entitled to it over the other, but if someone is not willing to leave their machine, how do they expect it to get fixed? If they just expect a phone call to say bring it today and then take it home today, my experience it it doesn't happen that way, maybe it works differntly at other peoples dealers.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull your head out sunshine. Skidoo has know about this issue for well over a year . If a dealership that i have bought numerous sleds from cant pick up the phone and call a customer that the part that i have been on a list for almost three months is now in, then it is their problem.
I dont expect same day service, all i want is a frigging phone call when the part is there. Obviously way to much to ask.
In my line of work when we build a product that fails, that product or service is repaired at our inconvience and expence not the customers.

sunshine

Reaction score
That is a valid point - I suspect there is a formula

If the XP was not purchased from you but in your shop - maybe
If the XP was purchased from the US but in your shop - NO
If the XP is from a good customer and in your shop - maybe
If the XP is brand new and not sold yet - FOR SURE
If the XP is not in your shop but belongs to customer that bought from you and is disappointed their riding season is cut short - SOULD BE PRIORITY.

Dealers are people just like everyone else - some good some bad, they will do what they want to do

So you are telling me that if you were that customer that was willing to leave your machine to get the axle put in, and then you got bumped because a more important customer got the phone call to bring in his machine. If it were me I would be a lttle toqued because I was the one willing to leave my machine and then I get bumped because of someone that wasn't willing to leave his gets a call. Yes I agree that there are good dealers and bad ones, but they should not be all lumped into one.

sunshine

Reaction score
Pull your head out sunshine. Skidoo has know about this issue for well over a year . If a dealership that i have bought numerous sleds from cant pick up the phone and call a customer that the part that i have been on a list for almost three months is now in, then it is their problem.
I dont expect same day service, all i want is a frigging phone call when the part is there. Obviously way to much to ask.
In my line of work when we build a product that fails, that product or service is repaired at our inconvience and expence not the customers.

You say you don't want same day service, but yet you are not willing to leave you machine. I know people that took their machine to their dealer without a phone call, and it was done in a week. So I don't think that in this case it is the dealers fault. I understand the frustration, but maybe you are expecting a little to much and should try to work with your dealer instead of beat them to death.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I buy a sled from a dealer and get good service I will be sure to post.

After 4 new sleds in 4 year from 4 dealerships and poor customer service from each one - I did the only rational thing possible - cut out the dealer and buy from the US.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You say you don't want same day service, but yet you are not willing to leave you machine. I know people that took their machine to their dealer without a phone call, and it was done in a week. So I don't think that in this case it is the dealers fault. I understand the frustration, but maybe you are expecting a little to much and should try to work with your dealer instead of beat them to death.

Iam talking about leaving my sleds there while they wait for parts, not while the work is being done.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well what a coincedence,In a ironic way. I just got a call from barry at Dons Speed Parts. He asks me" hey remember when we talked a month ago about 1200 kits for the m1000, well just had a couple show up and was just letting you know we could put it on for you if your still interested.
Must be a Christmas miracle come late, a dealer calling a customer that his parts are there.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually no I don't either own a dealership nor does "MY WIFE" parents own one, I actually just support my local dealer. OH and fyi I am actually a female with a brain;)

I mean,I should have guessed:d:d:d :devildancing:HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well what a coincedence,In a ironic way. I just got a call from barry at Dons Speed Parts. He asks me" hey remember when we talked a month ago about 1200 kits for the m1000, well just had a couple show up and was just letting you know we could put it on for you if your still interested.
Must be a Christmas miracle come late, a dealer calling a customer that his parts are there.
When you're there ask Don about the crank bearings on the M10's I Know of one that failed with 6 km on it. (and an M8 with less than 50km).

Top Bottom