My 2009 Skidoo prediction

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I predict that BRP will be squealing at the puplic trough before long for bail out money. Hope they use some of it to build drive shafts for last years sleds before another season is over. Iam still waiting on two,thanks bombidouche.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well get them were it hurts... next time around for a new machine...buy a polaris or another brand.

nothing hurts a brand dealer more then no sales.

terrible they take so long for these fixes. i got lucky and got my new shaft within 1 week. i can understand the frustration many people are having with this now longer then a year old problem

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really do like riding the xp, but come on and get some shafts to the dealers. Eventhough the only shaft i seem to be getting is from the dealers ive been on two waiting lists for about 3 months now

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the xp is a fairly nice chassis but yeah we rented 2 09's one blown belt at 150km and 2 with cords showing. we wern't hard on them im not sure why they don't let that secondary float a little

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really do like riding the xp, but come on and get some shafts to the dealers. Eventhough the only shaft i seem to be getting is from the dealers ive been on two waiting lists for about 3 months now

Me too waiting for a drive shaft since the letter so if you doo as it says and let your xp in this case my wifes sit at the dealers till it gets fixed in feb as they are saying doo we get more warrenty because it aint being rode. Asked Echos service to check but hahahaha are joking . WELL THE DEALERS SHOULD BE WORKING FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. I know it can be welded but thats not the point. Just venting havent been riding yet.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im a cat rider but customer satisfaction doesnt seem to be a concern anywhere you buy rite now,everbody enjoy your new sleds cause all the manufactures are goona be broke and the doors closed b4 you no it ,you will be welding the infamous shaft all you doo owners have got . there will be pile of dealerships forced to close up shop they should have payed attention to the customers rants,personly i cant wait to see a few of them go down there are a few out there that realy deserve to go broke:d

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im a cat rider but customer satisfaction doesnt seem to be a concern anywhere you buy rite now,everbody enjoy your new sleds cause all the manufactures are goona be broke and the doors closed b4 you no it ,you will be welding the infamous shaft all you doo owners have got . there will be pile of dealerships forced to close up shop they should have payed attention to the customers rants,personly i cant wait to see a few of them go down there are a few out there that realy deserve to go broke:d

im completly with you on this one...i do hope a few go under, the ones with piss poor customer service or the overpriced. i wont loose any sleep over it, nor do i think many would

sunshine

Reaction score
I think some of the dealers are getting a little frustrated to When the axles are being sent to the dealers in the mountains first and then work their way down to us people way out here, they have no other choice but to tell the customer that they have none. Ya it is frustrating, but I do think that they are getting as frustrated as what we the customers are. So before we come down really hard on all the dealers, we may not know the whole story, and it is easier to complain first.:)As far as the dealers going under I don't think that we want to see any of that. If my dealer goes under that means I have a 2hr drive to the nearest one. We support our dealer, and if more people supported their local ones it may not happen.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not saying to condem a dealer specificaly for the drive shaft issues. this is just a lasting dark cloud about BRP thats effecting a lot of people, customers and dealers. simply put many dealers out there dont much care to chase down and call BRP to put some heat on them about plaqueing issues that need to be addressed. if a dealer cant be bothered to fight for his / her customers and the potential loss of his or her own company. then hell yeah il drive further for a better dealer

sunshine

Reaction score
yes I do agree that if your dealer is not willing to go the extra distance for their customer, then no they don't deserve to have that customer. I think alot of times though that the dealers do go to BRP and voice their issues and it falls on deaf ears, so I don't want to jump the gun and say to heck with my dealer, because if I do that, along with how many more, that dealer will eventually be gone. Absolutly if the dealer is not fighting for us, then I would go somewhere else, but the grass is not always greener on the other side;)

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iam angry at both the dealer and at doo in general. For the dealers part ihave been on his so called list for months but get passed over cause i wont leave my sleds there in waiting for shafts. The dealers are also doing all their non current stock and trade ins before general customer machine.
The problem i have with doo is the piss poor supply of these axles. They have effectively squashed any liability claims agaisnt them by calling the recall because now if you ride its at your own risk, at the same time they dont need to mass produce shafts and can keep costs down. All the while your warrenty and riding season is ticking down.

As soon as someone else builds a compareable riding chassis i will be gone from doo. They may get my tax dollars but i'll spend my own money elsewhere.

sunshine

Reaction score
Well if you are not going to leave your machines how do you expect to get them worked on? We all like to complain and blame the dealers the first chance that we get but if we are not willing to do our part then don't complain. If I was a dealer, I would replace the ones that I had in stock as well, because I can't sell them until they have them done. I don't think you have alot of faith in your dealer if you have been playing 2 dealerships to see where you can get in first. You will get service where you put your faith in. I know guys that have left their machines and they were done in as little as a week. If the dealers have stock it only takes them 1-2 hours, but if they don't have stock they can't put them in now can they.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two friends that have xp's and they had the new shafts installed right quick because they left their machines at the dealer....they were done within one week, you might not ride for one week but waiting one week to get your sled fixed and having peace of mind is worth it. IMO you should do as much as you can to help your dealer and stop complaining it just adds to the problem, the dealer will do the sleds that are at the dealership first if you don't want to leave yours there well i guess you can just wait and hope they put one away for you, your dealer is only as good as the customers they have work with them and they will work with you.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you are not going to leave your machines how do you expect to get them worked on? We all like to complain and blame the dealers the first chance that we get but if we are not willing to do our part then don't complain. If I was a dealer, I would replace the ones that I had in stock as well, because I can't sell them until they have them done. I don't think you have alot of faith in your dealer if you have been playing 2 dealerships to see where you can get in first. You will get service where you put your faith in. I know guys that have left their machines and they were done in as little as a week. If the dealers have stock it only takes them 1-2 hours, but if they don't have stock they can't put them in now can they.

"If they dont have stock they cant put them in can they". thanks tips i wasnt clear on that.

Iam not going to leave my sleds to sit and wait for drive shafts that they have no shipping date on when i could be riding. Iam a half hour in either direction from these dealers so a simple phone call and the sleds will be there.

"Stop complaining it just ads to the problem" A few more people should be complaining like hell, Regardles as to wether my sled was fixed this week or a month ago this issue has been a year in the making and skidoo is still months away from having everyone fixed

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i guess when it does go on yours in the mountains and have to pay for a chopper and waste a weekend in the mountains you will be wishing that you would have just left it at the dealer for that week and the chopper bill i'm sure won't be that much compared to the hour's worth of fuel to the dealer. :Ccry::Ccry:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are either missing the point here or you are skidoo brain washed. The fact that skidoo,s recall procedure is ..... you know what, forget it. I have a 09 m1000 that i,ll ride this weeked instead. Gunna take my xp down to the dealer tomorrow like all the other little sheep and wait in line like a good boy. Maybe the dealer will give me a hat.

bluestone

Reaction score
here you there - scotts
i not only waited this year for the shaft , but sled sat for 3 weeks
last year when it broke? could have rode the 07 but still waiting for
a short block r engine to show up as well. hand warmers , rear shock,
chaincase leaking , won't be wrecking my riding this year.
cleaning the stable out - 3 doo's gone
yamaha nytro and a m8 for me:d

sunshine

Reaction score
I don't think that we are missing the point. You want what you want, just like the rest of us, but you are not willing to give anything. You want it and you want it NOW:nono:that is not the way it works, at least not in the world that I live in. Do you think that maybe the dealer would work with you if you were willing to leave your machine? And you can't tell me that you have been riding up a storm with these conditions? If you have had another machine to ride all of this time then what the HECK is the problem. Leave the flipen machine and ride your 09M 1000, if you would have done that you probably would have had if fixed by now. As far as this being a problem in the making for a year now, that is a bunch of crap. no one got their letters until sometime in Sept or Oct. so don't say that it has been a year in the making. I think that the dealers are working with what they have, and if they have customers like you then that is not a lot of help, good luck getting your sled fixed, I kind of hope that is sits there for awhile because you have been such a pleasure to work with and all. CHEERS:beer:

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think that we are missing the point. You want what you want, just like the rest of us, but you are not willing to give anything. You want it and you want it NOW:nono:that is not the way it works, at least not in the world that I live in. Do you think that maybe the dealer would work with you if you were willing to leave your machine? And you can't tell me that you have been riding up a storm with these conditions? If you have had another machine to ride all of this time then what the HECK is the problem. Leave the flipen machine and ride your 09M 1000, if you would have done that you probably would have had if fixed by now. As far as this being a problem in the making for a year now, that is a bunch of crap. no one got their letters until sometime in Sept or Oct. so don't say that it has been a year in the making. I think that the dealers are working with what they have, and if they have customers like you then that is not a lot of help, good luck getting your sled fixed, I kind of hope that is sits there for awhile because you have been such a pleasure to work with and all. CHEERS:beer:
Sounds like you own a dealership,or mabey your wife's parents do:d:d:d

Top Bottom