Must be nice to be Privileged...Biker Helmet Law Change.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ha! I've seen that before when I used to work as a Swamper loading oilfield trucks with pipe.

As far as I'm concerned, we all have to wear the adequate safety gear when on a jobsite. No different than how I can't wear muscle shirts and shorts Working in commercial construction. It's part of the task/job to perform it safely. Riding a street bike should be the same idea. If you want the luxury of owning a bike, then you need to wear your helmet, otherwise no one is forcing you to own a bike. If you didn't like not wearing a hard hat caus you wear a turban, or don't like not being able to wear shorts while on the jobsite, then I guess you're in the wrong industry. Same idea to me at least.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to step up and develop a helmet that fits over a turbin:d
Would be a bunch of bobble heads riding around.

d2323b58ddc8edf6043f603d9bc003f0.jpg

Easy fix....get a lid on ya haha

I was on a trip 3 years ago with some friends and i can't remember if it was Idaho or when we got to Nevada but we all took off our lids for a few hours because we could and of course we wanted to try it out. It was awesome...but after a few miles we all agreed we felt naked with no helmets...I'm a very experienced rider but i don't trust the rest of the people on the road to not have my gear on all the time. In my opinion "Squids" is where i see the big issue, i pay mega in insurance cuz some rich mommy and daddy buy their 16,17 or 18yr old kid a 600/1000cc and he wraps it around a tree on his first ride and kills himself. every f****ing year there's one... Alberta gov needs to stop rookies from having over a 500cc bike for first 2 years or at least until they can pass a defensive course for a bigger bike... anyhooo ... i will be one of the few as soon as one of my bike hits the road this year ima wrap the **** outta my helmet with a big ol sheet and see how long before this white guy gets pulled over...i'm sure i wont be the only one>>>

Last edited by a moderator:

Skidoomiles

Reaction score
Driving is a privilege not a right, whether it be a bike, car or anything else. I am certain in their country if you want the privilege of driving, you will follow all the rules or you don't drive, period!!!!! This is a disgrace to all Canadians and a complete disrespect for our country.
It is a known fact that in Alberta since we privatized the registries that new Canadians can buy their license. If you we born in Alberta you have to go through the graduated license program and pay your dues. If you are an immigrant all you have to do is show some fake license from your country and you can get an Alberta license without waiting like my children had to.
When is it going to stop!!!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting part is we have some that wear their head dress when riding their bike around town. But when they jump on their dual sport and do their long world trips they wear a helmet including their home land
I've seen Sikh dudes without turbans in the wave pool at WEM, so it's not like it's some kind of hard and fast rule they adhere to. unless there's some kind of swimming clause in their religion, along with an ADV bike exemption...

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen Sikh dudes without turbans in the wave pool at WEM, so it's not like it's some kind of hard and fast rule they adhere to. unless there's some kind of swimming clause in their religion, along with an ADV bike exemption...
Maybe that was their baptism and they had to put one on after the dip?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How do you know they were Sikh if they didn’t have a turban on ?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you know they were Sikh if they didn’t have a turban on ?
they had their hair wrapped around their head and kept in place with pins, I think it's a thing that they never cut it? I'm no expert on Sikh culture by any means, but I'm pretty sure they were.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rules??? Have you been to India? There are no rules driving there. IMO from my experience it was the worst country for driving ethics and laws. Its the Wild West minus chuck wagons LOL.

Driving is a privilege not a right, whether it be a bike, car or anything else. I am certain in their country if you want the privilege of driving, you will follow all the rules or you don't drive, period!!!!! This is a disgrace to all Canadians and a complete disrespect for our country.
It is a known fact that in Alberta since we privatized the registries that new Canadians can buy their license. If you we born in Alberta you have to go through the graduated license program and pay your dues. If you are an immigrant all you have to do is show some fake license from your country and you can get an Alberta license without waiting like my children had to.
When is it going to stop!!!!!

Top Bottom