Break out the lube Albertan's - Notley is going in dry. New Climate change policy

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we can drive the price of electricity up enough the remaining industry packs up as well??
When half of what I make goes to the gov. something is messed up. Sometimes wonder if the welfare guys are the smart ones?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I care anymore. Oil prices are low, Alberta is saturated with cheap oil it struggles to export, the Keystone XL and Northern Gateway pipelines are dead, Energy East will get a full review before it goes through if it ever does, we are now taxing carbon emitters including everyday Albertans on Gasoline, Diesel and Natural Gas, and we are phasing out coal by 2030.

I'm really glad our leaders see the same reality we do, because if they didn't imagine the pickle we'd be in...

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I care anymore. Oil prices are low, Alberta is saturated with cheap oil it struggles to export, the Keystone XL and Northern Gateway pipelines are dead, Energy East will get a full review before it goes through if it ever does, we are now taxing carbon emitters including everyday Albertans on Gasoline, Diesel and Natural Gas, and we are phasing out coal by 2030.

I'm really glad our leaders see the same reality we do, because if they didn't imagine the pickle we'd be in...
Its sad isn't it. I haven't been affected yet... but driving around edmonton and surrounding areas its very sad to see the amount of vacant shop/office space... I hear Calgary is brutal too. People stuck in leases trying to sub lease to make ends meet...

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Red Deer industrial the other day wow its like a friggin ghost town.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its sad isn't it. I haven't been affected yet... but driving around edmonton and surrounding areas its very sad to see the amount of vacant shop/office space... I hear Calgary is brutal too. People stuck in leases trying to sub lease to make ends meet...

It really is sad, I'v been lucky so far as well, but I think by time this is all over everyone is going to know someone that has lost most of all of what they own, I'm just really hope I'm not going to be one of them.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's going to be a tough year ahead. I can only think those who voted in the ndp and are now out of work are second guessing.

The plan to eliminate coal fired electricity in Alberta is just great... ndp will be gone in 3 years so the 2030 target doesn't really matter.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I care anymore. Oil prices are low, Alberta is saturated with cheap oil it struggles to export, the Keystone XL and Northern Gateway pipelines are dead, Energy East will get a full review before it goes through if it ever does,..

I will be dammed surprised if the Energy East line doesn't go through, how else can they get cheap "Tar" out of Alberta to eastern refiners, where they can stimulate growth and generate jobs in eastern Canada??

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be dammed surprised if the Energy East line doesn't go through, how else can they get cheap "Tar" out of Alberta to eastern refiners, where they can stimulate growth and generate jobs in eastern Canada??

Why? Because it is both logical and will also benefit Alberta, and Trudeau doesn't seem to want to support either of those things.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is Ezra Levant's angle on it.....

Rachel Notley just announced a massive, job-killing carbon tax.

It’s a made-in-Alberta version of Trudeau's National Energy Program.

Alberta’s already lost 100,000 jobs this year. And if her plan succeeds, she’ll kill 100,000 more.

But we can stop it if we fight back now.

Notley's carbon tax applies to almost everything. Oil, natural gas, gasoline at the pump, home furnaces. Anything that moves. Anything that keeps warm in the winter. It’s devastating. The NDP says it will wring out $3 billion a year from Albertans in 2018, rising to $5 billion a year. I bet, like the GST did, it will cost even more than they say.

It’s not just taxes that will kill jobs. Notley is legislating Alberta’s clean coal power plants out of existence. Just banning them — and the jobs that go with them. Instead, she’s planning to give billions in subsidies to expensive green schemes like solar panels. Yeah, those will work well in Alberta’s winters.

She even announced a legal cap on the number of jobs in the oilsands. She doesn’t call it that; she calls it a cap on the carbon dioxide the oilsands can emit. Same thing. The oilsands simply will not be allowed to grow beyond existing and approved projects. New jobs, new investment — it’s just been ordered to stop.

Not that oil companies were lining up anyways after Notley’s devastating budget last month.

The NDP aren't even done yet. Notley's royalty tax review panel still has to give its recommendations too. There’s still that multi-billion-dollar tax hike yet to drop.

It’s a full-out NDP war on Alberta’s jobs. Some of the big companies will be able to survive — Notley announced she had the support of several oil companies. Sure she did — partly because of Stockholm Syndrome. They’re hostages, who can’t move their operations elsewhere. And partly because she rigged the carbon tax rules so that some of her pet companies will receive subsidies under her plan, at the expense of smaller producers. It’s government picking winners and losers.

Oh, there will be other winners — public sector unions will have a bonanza. Lobbyists will be jetting in from Toronto and Vancouver to sell Notley every green scheme imaginable. But for most Albertans, it’s higher taxes, higher energy prices, less take-home pay, and thousands of fewer jobs.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really sucks to have to watch the oncoming train wrecks caused by libtards. My condolences. Obama called it hope and change and promised to fundamentally change the country, and people were stupid enough to buy into it.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it seems notheads plan to reduce co2 emissions is to tax emissions... Wtf? first one to hit the wallet another 7 cents per litre fuel tax.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon tax is the biggest joke on planet. It's a way the fat cats to make even more money. It also does very little for real carbon footprint. For example if esso
has a Eco freindly plant and gets a ton of credits they can sell some credits to encana or vise Versa. Really has diddly to do with environment. And let's think about the big producers of world. Saudi USA and russia. They produce a ton more than Canada. Wonder what there tax is.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production. Scroll down you will see we are fifth

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really sucks to have to watch the oncoming train wrecks caused by libtards. My condolences. Obama called it hope and change and promised to fundamentally change the country, and people were stupid enough to buy into it.

Obama has no cohona,s Can't wait until Trump Gets in there and sorts that **** storm out down there. Just to bad we dont have someone like Trump up here cause he would definatly get my vote!!!

Top Bottom