muffler problems???

confused?

Reaction score
ok so on my 85 or 84 yfm 200 the muffler is still stock but it doesnt have a baffel and it may have other problems. So it sounds like its a straight pipe and i mean this thing is loud... thats all good right i love itt but im movin up to a yz 125 and my sister wants to ride only if i fix it:( and i cant find a stock like my dad wants so could i put a baffle on it and muffler repacking or do i have to buy a new system and what system do u suggest that will fit it

confused?

Reaction score
ok so i found out today my mufller is shot but pipe is good... what muffler will fit it :confused:

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok you're gonna laugh but I saw this actually work once...a guy I know made a homebuilt muffler for his IT by taking a vaccuum cleaner pipe, drilling a bunch of holes in it, wrapping it with fine metal mesh and then fiberglass insulation, made a canister out of a chunk of thin sheet metal and a couple hose clamps, then hung it on the bike with some no.9 fencing wire. Looked hilarious but it definitely worked.

confused?

Reaction score
hahah way too much work and ya it sounds amazing but like i said my sis wants to ride so i gotta fix it:nono:

Top Bottom