Muff Pot is here!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Muff Pot is here! Woo Hooo, thanks again for helping me find it. My husband installed it right away. I am wondering if I can cook in it first trip out or is there a preparation/breaking in period? Kids are itching to eat off of my sled!:d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mmmm or I was thinking a Jambalya with shrimp and scallops! MMMMMMM do you think it's ok to just use it, after washing?

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Muff Pot is here! Woo Hooo, thanks again for helping me find it. My husband installed it right away. I am wondering if I can cook in it first trip out or is there a preparation/breaking in period? Kids are itching to eat off of my sled!:d

Good ole buffalo sausage wrapped in tinfoil.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mommy want some sausage...bahhawawaha

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dragon Lady. The kids voted and chicken wings it is! I wonder if they make a family size muff pot?.... Lol

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your making me hungry!!! I love following a sled on the trail when it has a Muff-Pot cooking dinner.

Billy Boy:cool:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its going to take you alot of Headless Grouse to make a decent wing dinner.
My vote is Garlic Butterfly Shrimp with Franks Red Hot, the chili lime flavor...mmmmmmmmm

Hahahahhhaaaa. :beer:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your making me hungry!!! I love following a sled on the trail when it has a Muff-Pot cooking dinner.

Billy Boy, can you actually smell the dinner in the muff pot over the 2 stroke engine? I don't think I want to be making tuna casserole!:eek:

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man, if I can smell the muff riding in front of me I would have to ask that individual to wash it out once in a while,,,,, gross!!!!!:D

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sledding with the Calgary Club a year ago in Elkford and I was following one sled (which had a muff pot) and I thought I was in a pizza shop. HMMMMMMM PIZZA!!!!!!!!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Dragon Lady. The kids voted and chicken wings it is! I wonder if they make a family size muff pot?.... Lol

I have had great success with wings. Don't use foil, ;). Spray your pot with "PAM". That will work for: meatballs, kubi & onions, and especially dry garlic ribs. :d

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been reading allot about different ways to cook with the muff pot. I think I'm going to try the parcment paper first then the oven bags. We are heading to Revy tommorow and I'll try it then.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been reading allot about different ways to cook with the muff pot. I think I'm going to try the parcment paper first then the oven bags. We are heading to Revy tommorow and I'll try it then.

Tried parchment, then tin foil, now all I use is the oven bags. Lets you add sauce to whatever you are cooking, and very little mess to clean up. My favorite right now is chicken and pepperoni in Mole' sauce.:d

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh yes, make sure you wrap your buffalo sausage and your meatballs before you stick them in your muffpot, I always say double bag it just in case so you don't have the mess later.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The bags are great but expensive to use all winter. Parchment paper is the way to go. Don't use tin-foil on anything as everything gets black and that aluminum just isn't good for the bod....

I pack all my goodies in the parchment and then put that into a small zip-lock bag and into my back pack. No leaky!!

When I finish cooking the first course the used parchment goes into the zip-lock and back into the back pack. No mess just a simple solution to get my garbage home.

The sky is the limit with recipes and I will share a few over time.....the first one is sea scallops, a little butter, garlic powder, and tarragon, the second is shrimp (the larger the better) with a little lemon pepper, butter and garlic powder. Enjoy

PS billyboy, I have pretty much graduated from the pizza, taquitoes, chimichungas, in favor of real food. It is soooo much better!!!

Attachments

• HotPot4i.jpg
    HotPot4i.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 18
  • HotPot3i.jpg
    HotPot3i.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom