Muff Pot...do they really work

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting one......just wondering if they really work and are they worth it.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a couple guys I ride with have them, they are good for keeping stuff nice and toasty. there are threads on dootalk where the trail riders have recipes and all kinds of stuff. they even have it down to the amount of miles to travel as cooking time.

little different out in the mountains I would think, a guy would be razzed a bit for driving in circles around a meadow trying to cook his chicken cordon bleu.....but a warm chunk of moose sausage would be sweet.

nicer than cold, mashed up subs.....:d

Cowboy151

Reaction score
I am glad I clicked on. When I read Muff Pot my mind was going in a whole new direction. lol. Do they actually work better than 3 yards of aluminium foil? Cheers

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I put lunch on about 1 hour before we stop to eat.:d I wasn't a believer until I got one and was eating hot lunch!!

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 4 muff pots in the group I ride with, everyone puts something different in, 4 course meal:beer:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I am glad I clicked on. When I read Muff Pot my mind was going in a whole new direction. lol. Do they actually work better than 3 yards of aluminium foil? Cheers

as said above lots of ideas/recipes around from appetizers, to main course and even desserts.....forget the aluminum foil and use parchment paper; no black crap anymore....:xmas-smiley-018:

A whole new dimension in growlies; shrimp, scallops, crab, lobster, pineapple upside down cake, egg rolls, you are only limited to your imagination. Enjoy

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting one......just wondering if they really work and are they worth it.

get one SCUBA doo, ya will love it, heat up dogs, ribs, shrimp what ever, takes about 2 hours tops of riding, I have one wasnt on the sled last weeekend but it will be on there soooon..
just ask when ya buy some fit better on different sleds:beer:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 2 of hotdoggers brand, works great, always nice to eay something warm on the hil!!!:d:beer:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Attachments

• HotPot2.jpg
    HotPot2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 435

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have mine on the can just offset of the hold down springs every body i ride with has one 5 or 6 different variety of hot wings on every trip

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best thing for keeping a hot lunch, we have a couple of them, the only thing we find is that you get tired of eating smokies all the time, need to change it up a bit. Definately a must have,

We have tried all 3 brands (hot dogger, hot pot and muff pot) all three work great but I think the Original Muff Pot is a better buy. Actually seen them at Ralph's in Calgary and they are also the cheapest of the 3

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the muff pot on a buddies M8. Best feature on a Cat I think....lol :d

View attachment 13115

View attachment 13116

just imagine that picture with jumbo tiger prawns, a dab of butter, and some crushed garlic....oh yea, get rid of the foil and use parchment paper....no more black stuff on the food and it is more environmentally friendly....your wife (if you have one) probably has some in the cupboard....:xmas-smiley-018:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm....never thought about parchment paper, will have to try that next time. Also thinking about trying them oven bags that you can get for cooking a bird in the oven.

Top Bottom