Mud pro 700 good or bad?

togo ripper

Reaction score
Anybody have them? I see they are getting blown out right now just wondering if they are any good, rode with a couple normal cats that had electrical issues

cementfist27

Reaction score
A good friend has one and seems to be a fairly solid machine. He rides it hard and not many issues. The only thing that concerns me would be the motor mounts. His machine needs them replaced and I noticed that this was a common theme everywhere else.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one and I love it. Been bashing it hard since 2012, has never overheated or broke down yet. My only real complaint is they don't ride all that great, but that's expected, I got used to it over time. Little over 2000km on the odometer now. I seen the blow out pricing and it's way lower then what i paid that's for sure

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Descent bike but they handle awfull.... You need to spend a weekend on one before you decide to buy it....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
if you're going to buy one, coming from a guy who had an arctic cat. Buy one with power steering, have the dealer relocate the rad to the rack

togo ripper

Reaction score
Oh hellz no lol thought maybe for the wife since 650 or 800 outtys are hard to come by not over priced

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Couple of us in my group ride arctic cat, two buddies had mudpro's 2011 and 2012 700's one was swamped like 4 times, rode hard, flipped couple times, the other drank some water and had 30" silverbacks on it ridden pretty hard. Only thing you need to do is brace the rear differential and you won't have problems. He never ran any aftermarket clutching and he could still wheelie with the 30's. it's a mud machine priced well below a Canam. Comes all ready set up for the mud so no added costs for tires, clutching, snorkels, winch or anything else.

I have a 2012 mudpro 1000 and it's a beast. Power steering is nice but not really needed unless you run big meats on it. Glad I got power steering with my 29.5" outlaw 2's. XMR 1000 is barely faster then my mudpro and I was about $5,000 less. And I go everywhere he does with the zillas on it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be on the watch for, front end impacts, the frame is easily bent where the a-arm mounts. weak area. you have to look hard to find it, good indicator is cracked paint on the mounting area. this will make the machine very dangerous and uncontrollable. front end will turn to the stops at anytime. high speed high side rollovers are painful , you may not walk away. unless they change there a-arm design I would stay away,

bigger tires compound the problem.

togo ripper

Reaction score
Ya I'm thinking I'll just stick with a can am at least I know what to look for in them and they've been very solid for me so far

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
be on the watch for, front end impacts, the frame is easily bent where the a-arm mounts. weak area. you have to look hard to find it, good indicator is cracked paint on the mounting area. this will make the machine very dangerous and uncontrollable. front end will turn to the stops at anytime. high speed high side rollovers are painful , you may not walk away. unless they change there a-arm design I would stay away,

bigger tires compound the problem.
What years did this effect? Pre 2012 I'm assuming because in 2012 they changed the rear suspension brace completely. They went front a straight flat piece with two mounting holes to a larger wider 4 bolt brace with a structural rib in the brace itself. No problems will happen after that. I'm guessing you won't be finding anything older then 2012 as a leftover. Don't let that one post scare you away.

Brown's Leisure World - Arctic Cat Parts Online

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What years did this effect? Pre 2012 I'm assuming because in 2012 they changed the rear suspension brace completely. They went front a straight flat piece with two mounting holes to a larger wider 4 bolt brace with a structural rib in the brace itself. No problems will happen after that. I'm guessing you won't be finding anything older then 2012 as a leftover. Don't let that one post scare you away.

Brown's Leisure World - Arctic Cat Parts Online

affects every puzzy cat I've seen with this front end a-arm design. a-arm design, very weak in my opinion. the design they use needs to have larger tubing , for structural rigidity. From what I have experienced it is only minimal. you need to be checking for cracked paint around the a-arm joints constantly, which is the easiest way to tell. U will have to look hard to see it by eye. You will be riding it with a death grip though, as it will turn sideways instantly. you will have a bent frame, expensive, dangerous piz poor design imo.

mudpro's do go through mud though.

Last edited:

Billydozer56

Reaction score
I just went for a ride with guy with one, I asked him how he likes it, Its home in the mud for sure. Not the most comfy ride, Did not like it in the mountains, Because the high center of gravity i assume. But for a guy that just wants to ride in mud then its great, when we were just in the trails at stanger hills i was bugging him because one wheel was always off the ground. his is 3 years old, rides it hard. Broke one cv joint, but he rides it hard, it you run a can am hard they break as well. Good fRom what he told me, they seem like a good unit.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was at Ralph's today, buying stuff for work. They had a new 700 mud pro for 9979, and that's what I paid for my 08 new!!!

The front end on my 08 was junk, but looking at a new one today, has made me rethink buying a new sled, over another quad..............

Top Bottom