MTNTK Drop In Kit question

newfrank

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the help. I assume the weights can be ordered from the dealer?

edit: I can't find a part number for them :confused:

Is this the part number? 1322414

Last edited:

newfrank

Reaction score
Okay thanks. I guess these are better weights then?

And the blue/pink spring is for the primary correct?

Last edited:

newfrank

Reaction score
I have this stuff in stock most of the time.

Can you send me a message with your cost for the epi 10-70 weights and the slp blue/pink spring? If its cheaper than what I can get it for here then I'll just order from you again.

I got the top end kit from you on Monday and I'll be installing it tomorrow.

newfrank

Reaction score
So I got the motor back together. Everything went well and it runs well so far. It started 4th .

I've heat soaked it once and filled the coolant as much as it'll go. My only issue is it won't go down anymore.

I've burped it as much as I can and I'm fairly certain it needs more as it only took half a jug of the Polaris coolant. The coolant level actually went up instead of down as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got the motor back together. Everything went well and it runs well so far. It started 4th .

I've heat soaked it once and filled the coolant as much as it'll go. My only issue is it won't go down anymore.

I've burped it as much as I can and I'm fairly certain it needs more as it only took half a jug of the Polaris coolant. The coolant level actually went up instead of down as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the front of the sled in the air and run it until the thermostat opens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newfrank

Reaction score
Alright so I got the coolant sorted out. I guess it was pretty much good from when I added it. It hardly went down at all and the temperature has been pretty constant at 123-127 degrees.

I added 32 oz of oil to the gas like it said in the instructions. I also left it in ethanol mode and added fresh 91 octane fuel as well.

I did a 65 mile ride today and had 3 detonation warnings and then the sled would shut itself off. The first two times it happened, the plugs looks fine. I actually fouled a set of plugs during a slow bumpy section. Not sure why. Third time it happened the plug tips were white and they had loosened themselves in the head. I could turn them by hand.

Also, there were a few times where I fired up the sled and it would be idling at ~1000 rpm and would cause the gauge to turn on and off. This would either be reeds or TPS right? I changed the reeds out to boyesen direct replacement reeds so I guess I'll have to get that checked.

I'm not sure whats going now. I followed the instructions to a T and torqued everything to spec in the shop manual. It seems to be running fine, I can't hear any knocking or detonation while it's running.

I haven't changed any clutching yet. I'm still running the stock setup for the switchback assault. I think it's 10-64 weights, 120/310 Black primary spring and the LH Blue/Black secondary spring.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Would not enough weight in the primary cause this? My elevation is 0-1000ft and some guys earlier in this thread recommended 10-70 weights.

Last edited:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... What kind of fuel are you running?

Last edited:

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got det because stock weights too light. Low idle might be loose cable.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought too. So I googled it. That is what the instructions say. 10/70 weights should be close and the pink/ blue primary spring as mentioned should work too. Did you see DET on the display or were you possibly hitting the rev limiter?

Last edited:

newfrank

Reaction score
Yep running 91 octane, since its the higher compression head I have to.

I think most of my issues are due to the det. I think I'm going to try increasing my weight but I'll call chrisco on Monday or hope he answers here and see what he says.

It only happened 3 times and only after going full throttle for a second or two. The screen would flash "dET" and then the sled would shut itself off.

Do you think 10-70 weights and a blue/pink spring would be good for me at 0-1000ft elevation though?

Last edited:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed a 13/1 head in my 11 pro in the past. When I took that sled to northern Ont, I also had constant DET issues. I had to add Torco Fuel Accellerator to the fuel to get the octane rating up. I didn't like doing that so I put the stock head back on. Fixed the problem. Chrisco would be a good source to ask.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran 10-70 here @ 6-8000 ft. When I went back to Ont, I would run 10-72.

Top Bottom