MPI 180 kit boost problem

Dtripps

Reaction score
I have 2008 Nytro with the MPI 180 kit on it. This sled has been performing awesome the last two years but this last weekend it would not build boost. I have had it set to create 7 to 7 and 1/2 pounds at elevation and the air to fuel is good. This last weekend i was only getting 3 to 4 pounds out of it, i pulled the seat off gave the waste gate actuater a couple turns and and was hitting around 4 and half pounds, eventually maxed out and was only getting 5 pounds at best, scared i was going to hurt something i backed it off to where it was and ran the rest of the weekend at 3 to 4 pounds. I checked the sled for intake and exhaust leaks and everything seemed fine. The only thing i noticed is the sled hit the rev limmiter more often then normal. I am going to rebuild the clutch and see if that helps but does anyone have any other suggestions, cause even on a good pull when it never hit the rev limmiter i was still short 2 to three pounds of boost.:confused:

tjc

Reaction score
well if you are hitting the limiter I would imagine the power is still there. Any chance the gauge is bad? Maybe reading low?

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with your kit, and how it all goes together. However I know the basics of most kits. A very similar problem happened to me on my turbo pro rmk. The bolts holding the airbox to the throttle body broke, allowing the throttle body to pop in and out when under boost. But, it never fully fell out. So it would build 4lbs and then kinda top out there. It was leaking "boost" right there. I'm positive its a leak somewhere on the boost side, just have to find out where. Maybe a cracked rubber hose or a tube, that opens up under pressure.

Top Bottom