Moving to Revy!

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
They have lots of flights to and from Kamloops or Kelowna airports now

For all the people that fly in and out of camp jobs for work

From sicamous 1 to 1.5 hours to Either airport

sent while drinking tea's
Great thanks for all the info. I'm definitely going to look more closely at the Sicamous/Kamloops/Kelowna area. Would be nice to be in the mountains but not in so much of a tourist trap. And thanks I'll let you know for sure if I have any questions.

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
If Kelowna is booming you would get farther ahead financially than in Vancouver. It's a rat race in Van!
Yeah Van is definitely not in the cards for me haha. I grew up on a farm outside a town of 20,000 people, don't think I'm cut out to live in a city of millions lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Van is definitely a different world.... Pretty tough to buy a place to live there....!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was young enough to do it all over again I would look up a mine operation like Teck in Sparwood. Fernie and Elkford at your door step. Still close enough to Alberta for some things. Sledding, biking, fishing and hunting, a real outdoors mans paradise.

Revy has its place but being you are getting into your field look at some place with some industry growth or opportunities in your field of work.

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
If I was young enough to do it all over again I would look up a mine operation like Teck in Sparwood. Fernie and Elkford at your door step. Still close enough to Alberta for some things. Sledding, biking, fishing and hunting, a real outdoors mans paradise.

Revy has its place but being you are getting into your field look at some place with some industry growth or opportunities in your field of work.
You make a great point. Never even thought of Fernie before. I don't mind camp work right now but I suppose I'll reach a point where I'll want to work closer to home rather than traveling. I might have to look in to Teck as well.

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
There is some good riding to be found in Northern BC as well. Chetwynd/Tumbler Ridge area has lots of riding areas, cheap housing and a good mix of industry. Same can be said for Smithers/Terrace/Kitimat area.

Top Bottom