Mountain Wedding Locations

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey All

My brother is getting married and they need some help finding a place! They're looking preferably for somewhere in/by the mountains.. so alberta/bc but if bc preferably a bit closer to the border. Mountain view, or really nice lake w/ mountains would be ideal. Plus the venue needs to be able to hold 200+ ppl is kinda the thought. Any suggestions/experiences/ideas would be greatly appreciated. The plan is to marry next summer, June or Aug. They are also open to really nice golf courses.

ThANkS!!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagle eye on top kicking horse mtns resort....is at 8000ft and can serve all your needs,great views,emerald lake lodge by field bc.thems two I think are great wedding places around these parts.:)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
David Thompson Resort: A Canadian Rockies Mountain Resort and Campground - Nordegg, Alberta (http://www.davidthompsonresort.com) was thinking about using this place for a family reunion as it has everything - motel, rv camping, plus you can rent rv's. also caters and does weddings.

And wedding photos along Abraham Lake would be stunning... Just sayin', as a photographer and all...

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terracana outside Mcbride is nice in the summer, river right below the cabins. Don't know about a place for a banquet though.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have never been there - want to go as it looks good. and since it is a campground... wouldn't you be taking your own beer??

The camping is kinda pricey, or it was last year when we drove by... I can't remember the price tho. Some nice area's around invermere/windermere

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks so much everyone! we will certainly be checking these places out. more suggestions always welcome too :D

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to a wedding in Canmore.
It was a western wedding.

A church was at a riding ranch and a outdoor supper.

Had a hall

They had bring your own:beer::beer:

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to a wedding in Canmore.
It was a western wedding.

A church was at a riding ranch and a outdoor supper.

Had a hall

They had bring your own:beer::beer:

Cochrane has that hall up on the hill on the east side of the road as you are entering town from the north, went to a wedding there... Pretty nice, good pics from on top of the hill looking west

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I plan to have mine in Canmore, gorgeous and several different venues, i've seen all kinda of wedding photos from Canmore and they were absolutely stunning.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the delta in kananaskis is also very nice, and it has a golf course....

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have never been there - want to go as it looks good. and since it is a campground... wouldn't you be taking your own beer??

It's not very good there anymore. Almost all the trees etc are gone.

Plus, like 99% of places now they don't want any noise past like 10 pm :rant:

Wanderlust

Reaction score
How about down in Waterton Park?
It doesn't get more stunning than at the lake, great photo ops and accomodation in and outside the park-hotels, camping. Guests could even stay in Pincher Creek.

Have fun!

iamcanadian

Reaction score
We got married in Jasper, had the reception at the Sawridge Jasper Alberta Premier Resort and Conference Centre - The Sawridge Inn nice place, and very reasonable, drinks were cheap, and we evfen served bison for dinner. People came from all over and couldn't stop raving about the wedding. We checked out JPL and everything we looked at costed something. These guys were great to deal with and they gave us a wicked deal on rooms as well.

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This past weekend I attended a good friends wedding in Jasper. The time of year you are looking at would be just stunning in those parts. Lots of little lakes, the tram-way, those mountain rivers.... lots of good photo ops.

As far as which establishments to use, i would actually suggest one of the places that is all seperated cabins. there are 4 sites that are cabin-lodge type properties. Pine bungalos would be a start. their hall may be a bit small though. The sawridge was a previous recomendation in this thread and they were right. really super nice hotel. has a pool, great bar in the basement, great food.....

Top Bottom