Mountain skiis???

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here goes nuthin'. :confused:
Need to hear real world experience with some aftermarket skiis for the hills. I have used the MODS on my RT1000 for a season or more & liked them, I also had the Simmons Gen 1 on prior to the MODS. Now I'm lookin for input for my T-Nytro............. ya ya ya, why do I need skiis on my turbo?:d
Anyone else's opinions are much appreciated:beer
Thx

RN

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried them yet, but I bought myself a set of Gen 2's. Have been told they work real good on the 4 strokes. Will know in a couple of weeks I guess.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gen 2's,If your yammi breaks down they will double for snow boards and you day is not wasted!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wish I could answer that,I just seen the set that Ron mounted on his turbo and was blown away how wide they were,A lot of guys told him that they were the way to go on the Nytro.
catmando!

Chubbydog

Reaction score
I've tried all of them, and ended up sticking with the USI Tripple threat's. Not sure how they would work on the Yammi, but they work awesome on the Doo's. I really liked the Mods on the Rev, but not quite as much on the XP. JMO! I have a set of Simmons sitting in the garage waiting to go with the sled when I sell it.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Our crew run Doo 6.9 pilot skis on 6 different Yammies. There light, cheap, strong, and work great. They also come in a variety of colors if your in to that kind of thing.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always liked the simmons but as u say the are a bit wider than some of the others. Another ski is the SLP powder pro a friend of mine has a set and they seem to have pretty good flotation in the deep snow

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been 2 price increases on the Simmons in the last month :eek: American dollar is really hurting most of the aftermarket stuff right now. Price increases as high as 20% from most suppliers and the stuff that is ordered direct from the US has been brutal (over 25% on a Timbersled and rails since last season) due to the exchange rate. :realmad:

srxhair

Reaction score
Our crew run Doo 6.9 pilot skis on 6 different Yammies. There light, cheap, strong, and work great. They also come in a variety of colors if your in to that kind of thing.

i have a 01 srx will the pilot 6.9 skiis fit it? what kind of adapters are needed?

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been 2 price increases on the Simmons in the last month :eek: American dollar is really hurting most of the aftermarket stuff right now. Price increases as high as 20% from most suppliers and the stuff that is ordered direct from the US has been brutal (over 25% on a Timbersled and rails since last season) due to the exchange rate. :realmad:

fuggars!!!:mad:
when you out this way again SLY???

RN

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure RN. Don't have a sled built yet, can't make plans. Was hoping to get to Valemount at end of month but still waiting for the last part. Maybe head out your way around Christmas, will have to see how busy we are. Have lot's of new goodies, just missing tunnels to hold everything together. You working up here at all this year?

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it. Around Drayton Valley for now & possibly Athabasca till Xmas.......... but still up in the air. :mad:
Make sure we stay in touch for the Yammy ride again this year & I won't have to "lag behind" anymore :d I can show you guys around Golden a bit if ur out that way when I have time off.:beer:

RN

Top Bottom