Mountain Addiction gas cans- Which kit to get

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the Mountain Addiction Gas can setup, but cant decide on the two 1.3 gal cans or the single 3.3 can. Whats everyone else using?--Help me decide! Thanks :arguebats:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 3.3 is a little more clumsy to pour. But either way its a good set up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
two 3.3 for the XP and a 5 gal for the nytro and borrow what I need to get down:d
Like the two 3.3 so can pack one into the back and leave the other closer to the trail head

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the two smaller cans. The big one seems odd to pour especially if it doesn't have a flexible spout. Yes it's easy to work around that but I also chose the look factor. I think the two little guys look better than a big cube strapped back there. But either way looks and works nicer than a bunch of rope or bungy cord holding a crappy tire can back there.

halligan

Reaction score
I originally ordered the 3.3 with standard bag, but after looking at them, sent them back and ordered the two small and low profile bag. I figured the 3.3 is about 26lbs or so, and the 2 1.3's weigh around 18ish lbs, and ill prob never need the full 3.3 with the etec. Hope i made the right choice. Should look a bit better anyway

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 2 smaller jugs, reason was I had heard Etec didnt use much fuel and I figure I can always order the bag and then use 1 jug and the bag if I find I am not burning all the fuel on a regular basis. If I m heading in some where that has a long trail in and I'll need more fuel then I can throw the extra fuel jug on.

Last edited:

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the combo kit with the small gas can and small utility jug. Love them and they look great. You cant go wrong with this kit. Thinking about getting another small gas can tho so that i have options.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the Mountain Addiction Gas can setup, but cant decide on the two 1.3 gal cans or the single 3.3 can. Whats everyone else using?--Help me decide! Thanks :arguebats:

What kind of sled? How much extra fuel do you usually burn? I went with the large can but I plan on burning LOTS of fuel this year. Can't go wrong all 3 ways

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, just curious about the guys that have the cans already... I've got the two smaller jugs, and its a real PITA to slide them off the rails. Do yours slide right off, or do they take some "encouragement" to get them off?

tekim :D

Attachments

• P3130259 (Large).JPG
    P3130259 (Large).JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 256

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the large bag, and it take some encouragement from my boot to get on and off. I think I may have installed the rails a little crooked though. Plan on fixing that one up. Apparently you can use some WD40 to help them slide better. You want them to be snug, but you probably shouldn't be having to kick it, like I do to get off.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at upgrading to the 3.3 jug, anyone with an M series have any issues with the pouring? I'd heard they were a little harder to pour but because the tank hole is so big I thought maybe it wouldn't be a big deal. Or would a guy still be better to have the 2 - 1.3s for ease of pouring? I can get about 60-70 miles out of a tank, so not really too concerned about the extra 1 L of fuel in the bigger can, just wanted to pack a little extra but don't have to fill the 3.3 either I guess.

superduty 348

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading to the 3.3 jug, anyone with an M series have any issues with the pouring? I'd heard they were a little harder to pour but because the tank hole is so big I thought maybe it wouldn't be a big deal. Or would a guy still be better to have the 2 - 1.3s for ease of pouring? I can get about 60-70 miles out of a tank, so not really too concerned about the extra 1 L of fuel in the bigger can, just wanted to pack a little extra but don't have to fill the 3.3 either I guess.

Had M series and didn't have a problem pouring it with that massive fuel opening, it will be fine.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two small jerry cans plus the large bag. Works great. I prefer the smaller cans to pour. Mine come of easy but I did spray wd40 on the rails when they were new.

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input Guys, I try'd to get them up here in PG but they where a little too costly so after XMas I will order them from down south--Have a Great one!:p

Last edited:

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Menztoys Mentoyz Menztoys... :) wayne sent mine to GP expidited and it was still 35 bucks cheaper than buying them here

Top Bottom