MotorFist Dominator breathbox

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The question came up in a different thread so I thought I would put this in its own thread so people could find it easier if needed.

When I got my Dominator helmet I found the breather box/breath guard was very hard to install and when installed I could not get the helmet on and off. Also I could not get the nose area to conform properly to my nose. I was about the toss it and thought this isn't going to work at all.

I called MotorFist and asked them about it. Bam, a new one was on its way! The new one is far superior than the first. It installs easily, I can get my helmet on and off and the goggles (509 Sinisters) fit perfectly with the nose area.

Here are some picture of the old, and the new......

Original Breath box that came with the helmet....(shown inside out)...

IMG-20121226-00236_zpse2f42a85.jpg

Comparison to original and new. The new one is on the right.

Notice the bigger square holes in the new one. This makes it easier to get the snaps in the correct location and locked into place.
IMG-20121226-00237_zpsf308b41c.jpg

IMG-20121226-00238_zpsb8ca050d.jpg

IMG-20121226-00239_zps0cd3a75c.jpg

IMG-20121226-00235_zpsc09d3fee.jpg

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went through the same thing. They sent me out a new breath guard, but I still cant get it to work well. Went back to my old helmet for sledding and this helmet will become my quadding helmet. I really like the helmet a lot but just cant get it to work for sledding.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went through the same thing. They sent me out a new breath guard, but I still cant get it to work well. Went back to my old helmet for sledding and this helmet will become my quadding helmet. I really like the helmet a lot but just cant get it to work for sledding.

Curious what isn't working for you?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too much pressure on my nose, not sealing well and my googles fogging up because of this. I bought a couple pairs of 509's to replace my oakleys. I am going to try it one of these days with those googles but am skeptical. I have tried a crapload of combinations but no success. I can sled right from my garage so it is easy enough to try something out and if it isn't working I can head back in the garage and change it quick, then head back out again. Awesome for testing stuff. I don't have to drive somewhere and hope for the best.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing I did do with the Sinisters is remove the plastic nose guard. I did find it pushed down on the breath box.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a quick burn to put gas in the sled. Gas station was closed. Wtf? Anyways I put the breathguard back in and tried it on with my 509 googles and they do fit well together. So much in fact that I wore them to get gas and no more issues. It fits a lot better then ANY of my other googles. I say any as I tried at least 5 other pairs and brands. I just need something to cover my throat better that is comfortable. Have of bunch of things to try out.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL no gas......WICKED!!! I'm glad its working for you as well. I wanted the Aviators but was told go with the Sinisters cause they fit so much better. So I did. Did you remove the nose guard as well??
I wear a dickey (I think that is the correct term) to keep my throat warm. Or a balaclava depending on the conditions.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always have kept the nose guard on.

It is easy to take off and can be put back on if need be. I found it was hard to get the goggles in through the opening to put on my face, you have to have them tilted just right. I never noticed a noticeable difference with the guard on or off wind wise but is easier to put the goggles on.

I hope I'm making sence..... I was over at my neighbors and he made some home made port.... it's seriously knocking me on my ass right now LOL. Good Stuff!!!!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is easy to take off and can be put back on if need be. I found it was hard to get the goggles in through the opening to put on my face, you have to have them tilted just right. I never noticed a noticeable difference with the guard on or off wind wise but is easier to put the goggles on.

I hope I'm making sence..... I was over at my neighbors and he made some home made port.... it's seriously knocking me on my ass right now LOL. Good Stuff!!!!
No point in having the nose guard on if you are using a breath box. Only makes a difference if you nose is exposed to the air. Even then, I will often ride without my breath box in my helmet, and my nose is never cold.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you are riding. At home for the past couple weeks any skin that is remotely exposed gets cold real quick. The nose guard doesn't effect me so it stays.

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice post!

Remember that the breath box comes from the factory inside out from the factory for some reason. make sure you have it turned right side in BEFORE you install.

The fist pic on here from Highfly is how is looks inside out.

If the breathbox still isn't jiving, email jake@motorfist.com and he will hook you up.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MFGUY, thanks for the clarification on the breathbox. Wifey was frusterated with her helmet.
Flipped the breathbox and trimmed the snap holes and it',s good to go.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice post!

Remember that the breath box comes from the factory inside out from the factory for some reason. make sure you have it turned right side in BEFORE you install.

The fist pic on here from Highfly is how is looks inside out.

If the breathbox still isn't jiving, email jake@motorfist.com and he will hook you up.

Edit... Never mind I have it right now..... Thank god for manufactures support!!!

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Thread.

I bought mine and it didn't come with the second visor (Cycle Jerks) - called MF and they said it's on it's way. (and the new breath box)

I didn't like the original breath box as well - I could not get the helmet on with it clipped in place - chin piece got in the way. I may have to cut a slit in the bottom chin part to be able to fit it over my head.

And the little red snaps are garbage - too small and not strong enuff - my check pads keep popping off the snaps. Even hard to tell when they click in... some click in nicely - others don't seem to snap in place. (I did cut the holes larger where the snaps go)

Then there is the padding - seems like I'm always having to push it back inplace - and the 2 locks at the back neck part keeps coming unhooked/loose.

I just got Sinisters for Xmas - there is still a gap at my temples. Was hoping for a tight fit - Oh well. Would be nice if MF made googles.

I found the back bottom of helmet plastic was pretty sharp - so I sanded that back piece that rubs on the back of my neck.
I thought that "break way visor" is garbage - glued mine on permanently. I understand the purpose - it's just not to my liking.

Love the weight of the helmet though.
My MF boots - now those are freakin' awesome!

Last edited:
Top Bottom