Mortgage

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting a mortgage for a mobile home. Where the home will sit on a gravel pad on blocking. The land is 5 acres and is owned. Has anyone else obtained a mortgage with a similar situation. If so what kind did you get and who did you deal with?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will be required to TIE IT DOWN .to get a mortgage more than likly............Cable or chain or weld it to a permanent pile / foundation of some sort.............

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Our mortgage is thru Servus credit union but we are in a mobile home park, not just out on 5 acres (unfortunately)

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our mobile is on rented land and was not able to get a "mortgage" ended up with a clip loan. Because the land was not in my name is why. Dealing with bmo now was at credit union.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a acreage with a mobile home on it about 15 years ago, i heard all the stories about the banks not giving you a mortgage and such, but i went to my bank CIBC and put it through as a mortgage through CHMC or what ever its called, it just sat on blocking never had a issue. maybe times have changed?

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only ran into problems when trying to buy on leased land. Had to do that one as a personal loan.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought an acreage quite a few years ago with a mobile. We had to tie it down, used a roll of plumbers hang all (that metal crap with holes) over the frame screwed to the blocking. Took pictures and the bank was good with it.

Top Bottom