Morrisey?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Is the Morrisey road going to be open for sleds this season?

No it won't but there is some good news I think!

The FSA has applied to the Fed's (Natural Resources Canada as it is there land) for a permit to slash/cut a trail through the Rolling Hills to the Wrangler's cabin. If approved, this will be a trail for the SnowCat and
we will have a groomed trail to the cabin. Tembec (the logging company) has been very supportive and pro-active. They will put a brushing crew in and open it up for the FSA. Everyone was very fortunate that there wasn't
a serious confrontation with a snowmobile and a logging truck last winter.

Hopefully, Morrissey will be closed up proper this year and no sleds will use it.

Manatee

Reaction score
Seemed like there was a good trail from Coal Creek back to Wranglers. I know it was a bit of a "back route" but with proper signage, that could be a good way into Wranglers. We also took the other route, where we had to ride on the road for about 6 miles. Not a lot of fun. Didn't see any logging trucks, but did have to pass a grader.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Seemed like there was a good trail from Coal Creek back to Wranglers. I know it was a bit of a "back route" but with proper signage, that could be a good way into Wranglers. We also took the other route, where we had to ride on the road for about 6 miles. Not a lot of fun. Didn't see any logging trucks, but did have to pass a grader.

Not only will there be better signage this year, the trail will be close to 20 feet wide and marked. Once we get it packed with the SnowCat it will be family friendly. It will be a sweet addition to our grooming program.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well your the man doug, good info, a new trail would be ideal, can we access south of the notch area from the road into morrisy turns off the morrisy road past the bridge if i can remember right. was a scary avalanche place the last time i was there.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
well your the man doug, good info, a new trail would be ideal, can we access south of the notch area from the road into morrisy turns off the morrisy road past the bridge if i can remember right. was a scary avalanche place the last time i was there.

the Morrissey FSR will be closed at the bottom gate.....period.

It is illegal to drive a snowmobile on a plowed FSR and the fine starts at $309 in BC currency.

Top Bottom