morning coffe read. economics

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Just more new "GLOOM and DOOM" :cool: Its all relative to region and fortunately the two regions I have vested interests in are in REALLY good shape atleast for the next 20 or so years. Knock on wood :d Now back to my mountain of paperwork in front of me :( Thanks for the read.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i figured it was a pretty good read. and hopefully it would quelch the doom and gloom that some people have been ranting on about. it basically confirmed what i figured. the states did it to themselves, now they are paying for it.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
ya one way is for some to quit buying out of the states for stuff.lol. the prices are adjusting up here on alot of new stuff. anybody check out what toyota is doing now. my F.I.L.'s company is going to be buying those instead of chevs etc... and from what i have been hearing the prices on the new 09's are going to be less than the 08's too. probably why the big push from dodge etc...to dump the 08's before the 09's come out.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, the states did it to themselves, now we have to make sure there sneeze doesn't give us the cold.

Spot on there. Last year at this time I was living in the States just north of Minneapolis. Was there the previous 7 years. I have watched both economy's for quite a while like a hawk. The two things I see here that happened in the States as well is people living pay check to pay check and buying everything on credit cause "the bank says I can afford it" and housing cost sky rocketing and people over extending themselves on their mortgages.

I will be honest and say we were lucky as we fell into the trap with payments on everything, etc. Luckily when we left we left with enough to pay everything off and have a few $ but that is it. I know of a few people that are worse off.

Biggest thing I would recomend to people is don't over extend yourself. Don't count on 2 incomes and get a savings account. If people do that, then they should have no issues.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just more new "GLOOM and DOOM" :cool: Its all relative to region and fortunately the two regions I have vested interests in are in REALLY good shape atleast for the next 20 or so years. Knock on wood :d Now back to my mountain of paperwork in front of me :( Thanks for the read.[/QUOTE

If your talking the oil sands in here and Sask, be careful. Obama is on a rant about Alberta's "dirty oil". If he becomes pres and decides on some sort of green plan, that could mean a real slowdown on US sales of AB oil. Guess the only good thing is that there are other parts of the world that need the oil too.

Oh yeah, and history has repeated itself twice already....many believe we are on to the third time. All the economic indicators are there. Future could be VERY interesting.

Heed couleemans advice....get rid of debt as soon as you can. Already the banks are changing the ways they deal with lending, and it's not in the favour of the consumer. We are likely at the bottom of low interest rates, and even if the Fed Bank was to lower rates, the banks are done lowering theirs. Canadian banks have lost a lot of money in the last while too. Now it's about debt recovery and that means the little guys get hit...hard.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Just more new "GLOOM and DOOM" :cool: Its all relative to region and fortunately the two regions I have vested interests in are in REALLY good shape atleast for the next 20 or so years. Knock on wood :d Now back to my mountain of paperwork in front of me :( Thanks for the read.[/QUOTE

If yu talking the oil sands in here and Sask, be careful. Obama is on a rant about ALberta's "dirty oil". If he becomes pres and decides on some sort of green plan, that could mean a real slowdown on US sales of AB oil. Guess the only good thing is that there are other parts of the world that need the oil too.

Oh yeah, and history has repeated itself twice already....many believe we are on to the third time.

The future is GREEN my friend. I have no interest in the oil sands. I am interested in how they will generate enough power for all the expansions and future operations of these projects....nuke?? damns?? They can't keep using natual gas in the amounts that they have been. Its time for change.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The future is GREEN my friend. I have no interest in the oil sands. I am interested in how they will generate enough power for all the expansions and future operations of these projects....nuke?? damns?? They can't keep using natual gas in the amounts that they have been. Its time for change.

I agree to a point. Why not use as much as is needed until a feasable alternative is found? If it takes 50 year so be it, most of us will be dead by then anyways...

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree 100 %....of course like couleeman I don't have any kids:d:d Oh wait, he does have kids...

Yep I do, and they will find some alternative or solution by the time He needs them, or my grandchildren need them, etc.

To be honest, I think they already have them, they are just trying to get thier money while they can...

Top Bottom