montain view cabins

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone stayed there , whats it like

People I went sledding with stayed there.... Stuff seemed to mysteriously go missing every time. They no longer stay there. Even trying to get a fawking towel is like labour there... It's run by hudderites or mennonites... Same chit different pile lol.

Rocky Mountain Kamakazi

Reaction score
Also everytime you would come back the heat would be turned down and the office is ran by the menanite kids, so not to organized, you always are thingking on the way if they booked you a room of just forgot about you!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We tried to book rooms last Xmas and waited for them to confirm. Never did so we booked at Sandman. 2 days before we arrived Mountain View phoned to ask if we were still coming. We had no confirmation from them so we booked elsewhere,they were upset we said you didnt phone us back to confirm that we were booked. Reason they didnt phone us with confirmation was its long distance to Alberta and they dont phone long distance. So its up to you give them a try just phone them dont wait for a response and try to speak to a adult when you book.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks , cancelled and rebooked in town , hope they see this and change because it looks like a nice place from the hiway

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the place is very nice...but as all the other posts state...rarely is victor (the dad) around.if he is,the kids do their jobs and all s well.but,he is not around much....so it is painfull to get anything done around there.one cold weekend last year,the pipes froze and we had no water.tried to talk to someone in the office.no answer at the door.lights on and noise coming from the house.we melted snow to flush the toilets.at the end of the weekend,one of the older kids tried giving us a ahrd time for melting snow,we barked back really loud.needless to say we dont stay there anymore.our choice

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think the name is NV MOUNTAIN VIEW. I HAD A CREW OF 28 STAY THERE ON our 2nd annual staff trip,(easter) nice enough place, lots of room for trailers and parking, but i admit, its not being run to its full potential, heres what i found,

+++ plus side

- newer cabin
- spacious parking for trailers
- reasonable rates,
- nice hot tub room-
- our cabin was one of few with a queen bed and shower, most have single beds
- only 10 short minutes out of town. seems longer but we timed it.
-they sell diesel and gas on the site,
- as well as fresh eggs as there are chickens everywhere, i am sure everyonce in a while you can get a fresh chicken, may have a tire track on it though lol

---- minus side

- our reservation was taken by a 10 -12 yr old girl that sounded 8, being i had so many people coming i stopped in on a early trip January- to confirm and talked to the same girl who confirmed she did have the rooms reserved,
but didnt give me the confidence:confused: that i was looking for. but we did get all the cabins we booked when we got there, so i was unsure all the way there until i dropped my bag in the cabin. :d:beer::d:beer:

- not enough T P in bathrooms for two people:nono:, had kitchen ettes but one pack of coffee for 4 days, and had to scrounge to find filters, and letter TP

- the cabins are electric heat and could be kept at a warmer temp during the season so you dont need to keep your liners on, (nice flooring but cold) and we got a talking to as someone in one of the cold cabins left there shoes on and mama mia didnt like it.

- There are kids everywhere like 4-6 of them from 2-10 not that i mind kids, but it just seems like there always outside, and i was afraid one would get run over....

- be nice if they had a little snack box in each cabin like beaver creek does, and maybe a drying room or boot heaters,

All in all i think that the owner is letting potential business drive right by, with a bit of organization, and some stocking of neccessities for travelers/sledders, they could be booked all winter long.....

Ultimately would we stay there again..... Ya i think we would as it is great for groups. i would be more prepared, i dont mind bringing my own coffee and baileys and would probably through a couple rolls of TP in just to be sure. but other wise the place was clean, reasonable, spacious.

I also like the Beaver Creek cabins they have seven, and in the past we stayed there alot, 5-6times a year. but we had a little mis communication this yr with our booking all seven, and they were given to someone else. It was an oversite im sure, but i did book last easter when we stayed there and even offered to pay up front for all the cabins for the whole weekend - a year inadvance- and was told no problem, but anyway whatever, Gil has always been good to us in the past and has a first class place there, great service, snacks, hot tub, good rates, even drives you downtown if your in need of a sssss,, ah driver,... i want to check out other places as we seem to get a bigger group every year, seems to be an abundance of good b&B s all over mc bride, so i will be checking them out... until next yr......

Terry Coulombe (T)
Owner
T&T Power Sports Ltd
Bonnyville, Ab
Yamaha, Arctic Cat, Suzuki

see ya on the hill!!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the update , when we rebooked we stayed a beaver creek , tough to beat :beer:

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds really rough no tp, no coffee, cold rooms!! Chirldren Of The Corn:d, I'll make sure I dont ever stay there!

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
note the last line i would stay there again:):):), what would u rather do, bring a few neccessary supplies or get up and find your rig and sleds gone!:nono: or a dint in your pickup, or ch!t missing out the truck or off your trailer:realmad::realmad::realmad:, i much prefer the B&B or out of the way cabin settings.:d:

T.

Top Bottom